Life Like Alco C424/425

Dan Vincent

Aug 14, 2003
Sanford, FL
Visit site
I just discovered Life Like made an Alco C424/425 with split frame chassis in Erie-Lackawanna.

Evidently they made two different road numbers in the first run in 2003.

Has anyone any comments on this loco.

Also....does the EL version have a black or grey roof?

Ebournerails

Sep 7, 2004
the lifelike C424 is a good running engne and have few problems. it pulls well and is not a fast running engine

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Hi Dan,

I have a pair of CN C424's and love them. They run very well, nice slow speed and are well detailed. Some people complained about the distance between the trucks and the body but the real thing has more of a gap than EMD offerings. Conversion to M/T couplers was easy and used 1015's but DCC is still a problem, the frames need to be milled so I haven't converted mine yet.

I don't know much about the EL versions but this is a really lovely locomotive than runs flawlessly. If Lifelike finally go DCC ready there'll be nothing at all to choose between Kato Atlas and LifeLike (in fact LifeLike have been top of my list for a while marred only by the DCC issue)

Graham

Dan Vincent

Aug 14, 2003
Sanford, FL
Visit site
Thanks for the responses.

I have an Atlas C425 "Classic" and it doesn't pull as well as my Atlas/Kato GP-35's. The 35 is a real workhorse.

Wonder how the Lifelike 424 compares to the Atlas 425.

I'm impressed with my Lifelike locos and the split frames are really nice runners.

Haven't gotten into the DCC control yet.