Letting Off More Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Alright, folks, it's time to straighten this out. I am friends with Yakuza members. My photos are on the site, and indeed, photos of me are on the site. I am not the mysterious blogger, however. I do use said blogger's web space because I'm too cheap to pay for my own hosting, don't like the ad-supported sites, and rarely get anything accepted on RP.net. The site is meant as a joke. Yes, portions of it are over the top, or downright crude, but that's how it's supposed to be. Near as I can tell, very few people around here liked me before this, so I don't see how it changes much of anything.

~BS

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I appreciate you clearing that up Brian. I suspect that being well liked or not on a forum is a function of how one is perceived to treat others. One can decide how important that is for themselves.

The larger issue that I am glad to see addressed here is that as a member of our forum you are not publicly posting insulting comments about your fellow members on another site with direct links to their posts here. Doing such a thing is beyond issues of like-ability. It is a breach of the basic trust and etiquette related to being part of any community.

Ralph

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Went to RailroadYakuza, sounds like the guy or guys that are flaming us train guys have a problem with us- maybe someone hurt their feelings- Ag Shame. They seem to forget that not everyone is knowledgeable when they begin MRRing and seems that they cannot understand plain English, since most of his posts say he can't understand what people are trying to say.

Anyway, looks like a waste of time- I'll stay here thank you very much.

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
I don't think model railroaders realize how small the hobby actually is and has been. If you don't think so, look at your local magazine rack at Borders, Barnes & Noble, etc. See how many magazines dedicated to the automotive hobbiest are on the stand compared to the number of Model railroad magazines. In fact check the number of model railroad magazines at your local hobby shop compared with the number of automotive titles at the major book stores.

After you count those, try counting the number of male-orient magazines, muscle mags and gun mags. Magazine racks are the true windows to the culture of a nation.

OTH, if you check out the magazine rack at The Caboose, you might be astonished at the number of MRR and related publications. Most of them just don't make it to "popular mainstream" mass outlets like Barnes and Noble, which could not locate one single book on MRR'ing on their shelves in response to my recent request.

Status
Not open for further replies.