Lettering or relettering

RaiderCTE

Jan 11, 2001
charlotte,NC
www.raidercte.netfirms.com
I have a choice. I can buy a few cement hoppers with the same number and just renumber them or I can buy undecorated hoppers and number them all. What would you do? I guess one thing would depend on how hard and what it would take to get the old number off a walthers hopper. I have no idea. If it is not that hard I would definitly go the renumbering route. Any help is appreciated.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
The only renumbering I have done was after I removed the paint on the whole car and figured in future I may as well buy undecorated ones. If the numbers are just decals, you should be able to get them off easily. The product I use is Polly S Paint and Decal Remover.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Not sure on a Walthers car, but have had good success on LikeLike cars using Solvaset. Apply to lettering you wish to remove and rub with a pencil erasure. It will take a while, clean erasure debris away and rewet a couple times. With Lifelike, only the lettering came off, with Bowser the lettering came off but the paint was noticably flatter than the rest of the paint. Weathering took care of that.

Gary

RaiderCTE

Jan 11, 2001
charlotte,NC
www.raidercte.netfirms.com
Well, I stopped by and picked up a walthers car to test. And all I had to do was use a pencil eraser for a minute or two. I just spun it back and forth so it would cover too much of the area and low and behold it was gone. It did dull it just a bit but after the numbers are put back on and one spray of dullcote you would never know. I'm definitly lacking experience in decalling but using the eraser I may be considered a professional. :) Thanks guys, you just saved my non decalling butt.