Let's try this again...

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
The modeling looks excellent, but everything has a yellowish/orangesh tint to it. If that's not the actual color of the ground, etc. and you are using a reg. camera try putting a blue filter on it. If on the other hand you were trying a sunrise or sunset shot you nailed it!!!:D

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
I thought I'd play around with the image a little...I hope you don't mind, Uteram! I upped the blue by 60% and this is what I got!

I feel like I'm standing in the gorge!

-Rory

Attachments

• dscn1102.jpg
    dscn1102.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 87

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
In all honesty, I was going for the "sun breaking over the horizon in the morning" sort of look but I completely agree, the pictures are too yellow even with the Fall foliage. Good job Rory! Your work really helped me see the value in doctoring photos. I turned to my handy MS Photo Editor to do the following image. I did what you did and added blue to bring out the rocks more. Waddya think?;)

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi, I also had a go with your other photo, and took it to a natural look, are these your rock colours?

Shamus

Attachments

• gauge1.jpg
    gauge1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 78

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
My Turn......

I really hope you don't mind, Uteram....... but I had a go too!:)
I just altered the colour only. On a scale 1 - 256 (127 is the middle). I set red = 84, green = 102, blue = 185.

Attachments

• uteram01.jpg
    uteram01.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 70

Uteram

Feb 27, 2002
Houston
Visit site
Rory...

the backdrop is a whitish-blue custom mixed interior paint I had done at Home Depot. I painted two coats over masonite.

Since you're in Huntsvile, the next time you're in Houston, send me an email and I'll be glad to show you the layout. Keep in mind though that is far from complete!