Lets See Your Train Watching Vehicles

Steve , I know you are going to hate this , but I have done what you want to do.
Years ago we went to Durango Colo to ride the Silverton. While there my wife and son wanted to go on a horseback ride. We went north of the town a ways and rented three horses and a guide. we rode on a trail for about a half hour when I herd the train whistle and low and behold it passed by only about 200' below us. (real Cool) And on a side note I also took a Glider ride and got to fly the thing and once again saw the train from about 3000' above their elevation and the air field is right next to the tracks. Lots of fun up there.
I think however the Chama train is a much nicer ride.
Mike

CN1

May 6, 2003
421cockpit%20smal.jpg

C421

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
This is how we get around, and also see trains a plenty here on the prairie. She is called Big Blue and I've done more work on this truck than any other vehicle I've ever owned! Still needs some TLC. Nothing in side, just open space. Good for those trips to the LHS. :thumb:

TrainClown :wave:

Attachments

• Big Blue Van.jpg
    Big Blue Van.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 123

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Here's my Bobbie Joe.
Saw some trains this weekend! Had to go to the middle of the state and down to "the country" of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale to see'em. :mad:

Attachments

• Bobbie Joe1.jpg
    Bobbie Joe1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Bobbie Joe2.jpg
    Bobbie Joe2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Bobbie Joe3.jpg
    Bobbie Joe3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 110

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Sorry to bring back a thread that has been gatherin' dust for three years. I did a search on Chama and lo'n'behold this'n popped up.
I CHALLENGE YOU!
Now, you all say that those are your train chasin vehicles, but where's your proof? Therefore, I challenge you to prove it by sharing a picture of your chasin' toy with a picture of a train somwhere else in the photo! Let me give this thread some new life by giving my proof!
The first shot will be a picture of my whole durn family chasin' a train. On the left is my immediate family, in the Excursion is my mom, dad, sister & a niece, and the green Ford is another sister and her husband.
Second shot is proof that my little one in the back seat is enjoying his train chasing as well.
Third off, I challenged the engineer to a drag race but he humbly declined instead challenging me to a tug of war! Uhm, okay, you win.

Attachments

• DCP_2340 low res.jpg
    DCP_2340 low res.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DCP_2345 low res.jpg
    DCP_2345 low res.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DCP_2363 low res.jpg
    DCP_2363 low res.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 89

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
I like to sneak up on them, and tree them. :D:D:D:D

Attachments

• NewCamo.jpg
    NewCamo.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 73

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
I don't have any trains in these pictures but I was taking pictures of structures, not trains.
P5070001.jpg

P7020005.jpg

Tom

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
That's great! I love it! More... more... more... more....
You know, I've always wanted to come up with some kind of a tripod contraption for a bicycle so that I could actually ride on the rails with my bicycle -abandoned lines and low use lines mind you!

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
I do ride mine on a rails to trails path here in town. It's the former Fort Dodge Des Moines and Southern.

Tom

paceway

Nov 25, 2006
I was going to reply yesterday but I was on the floor and couldn't reach the keys. Between the three wheeled crapper wagon and the motorhome and now more, I just had to sit and watch what you guys came up with next.

Thanks to all for the smiles....

I always said model railroaders are nuts...sign1

Thanks to all.