Let's see you model THIS!

capt_turk

Nov 14, 2004
Green Cove Springs, Fla.
There's a story that went around years ago in La. about a tank in a chemical plant that was crushed the same way. The engineers and big wigs all said that the tank would have to be cut up and replaced at a cost of like a half million dollars. While they were all standing around scratching their heads an old man walked up and offered to fix it for $50,000. No cure no pay. The engineers and wigs finally agreed to let the old man try. The old man hooked a compressor to the tank, fired it up and went to get a cup of coffee. When he got back the tank was back in shape, and almost as good as new. The wigs didn't want to pay the old man because he had fixed the tank with so little work. The old man replied that they weren't paying for the amount of work to fix the tank. They were paying for the knowledge of "how" to fix the tank". They paid!

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
capt_turk said:
There's a story that went around years ago in La. about a tank in a chemical plant that was crushed the same way. The engineers and big wigs all said that the tank would have to be cut up and replaced at a cost of like a half million dollars. While they were all standing around scratching their heads an old man walked up and offered to fix it for $50,000. No cure no pay. The engineers and wigs finally agreed to let the old man try. The old man hooked a compressor to the tank, fired it up and went to get a cup of coffee. When he got back the tank was back in shape, and almost as good as new. The wigs didn't want to pay the old man because he had fixed the tank with so little work. The old man replied that they weren't paying for the amount of work to fix the tank. They were paying for the knowledge of "how" to fix the tank". They paid!

Reminds me of an old Scrooge McDuck cartoon I wish I could find.
Gyro Gearloose, the genius, comes into Scrooges office and tellls him that his computer is fixed (keep in mind that this was decades before the PC). He hands Scrooge the bill for $500. Scrooge is outraged and demands an itemised bill. Gyro takes the bill, scribbles on it and hands it back. It reads:

Tighten one screw.............................$1.00
Knowing which screw to tighten .......$499.00

I have never forgotten that cartoon for 40 years. :)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Pitchwife said:
Reminds me of an old Scrooge McDuck cartoon I wish I could find.
Gyro Gearloose, the genius, comes into Scrooges office and tellls him that his computer is fixed (keep in mind that this was decades before the PC). He hands Scrooge the bill for $500. Scrooge is outraged and demands an itemised bill. Gyro takes the bill, scribbles on it and hands it back. It reads:

Tighten one screw.............................$1.00
Knowing which screw to tighten .......$499.00

I have never forgotten that cartoon for 40 years. :)

:D :D :D :D Now-a-days that would be:

Screw ---------------------------------------------- $.07
Screwdriver ----------------------------------- $5.99
Knowing which Screw to tighten.............. Priceless