Lets see all of your CARS/PICTURES

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by alisar70, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

um im not sure. i would think so but then again i could be wrong
  2. alisar70

alisar70 Member

ok so what do i have to do to make it 2wd then?
  3. alisar70

alisar70 Member

4. monsterrcbuilder04

take the drivetrain linkage off the front. you will have to adjust the shocks and the engine
  5. alisar70

alisar70 Member

oh by the way that kept on coming off my smartech car

no matter how tight i tightend it it still come off
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

oh man that must have sucked
  7. oldjoes

oldjoes New Member

I know Smartech is not a popular brand around here, but here are some pics of my Smartech Mega Electric 4WD touring car. It has a Reedy 8 Turn double motor, Novak Super Rooster no limit ESC with reverse, Purple aluminum front and rear body mounts, universal center drive shaft, rear knuckle arms, Front upper arms, motor heat sink, titanium turnbuckles, silver aluminum servo arm, front and rear bulletproof universal drive shafts, full ball bearings, Airtronics Servo and a 75MHZ FM Airtronics reciever. Its is controlled by an Airtronics MX-3 transmitter and powered by a 3000 MAH Nimh battery. The body is a custom painted Proline GT340 and the rims are Chrome and purple and have purple aluminum flanged locknuts. The tires are 24mm racing slicks.

Oldjoes

[file]st1.JPG,4860,,0[/file]

[file]st2.JPG,4860,,0[/file]
  8. pimp

pimp Active Member

that is a cool street car
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

ya man that thing is sweet
  10. pimp

pimp Active Member

about how fast is that
  11. TCable

TCable Member

Nice paint job! Did you do it or was it pre-painted?
  12. oldjoes

oldjoes New Member

The body was not pre-painted, a guy I know that works at the local hobby shop did it for me. He does custom paint jobs for people for $50 - $75 a pop (plus $ for the body). I sold a nitro car for him on ebay so he did the paint job for me free of charge. I had the body sitting around for almost a year still in the bag, I am glad I waited. I was shooting for the Novak colors, I think its a cool combination. The next time I will reverse it, purple body with orange flames.
    As far as top speed goes, I dont have a radar gun, so its impossible to be exact. My best estimate would be around 35 MPH or so. But I recently put in a smaller spur gear, so it should go a little faster now, I just havent had time to run it. Its hard when you have multiple cars to run them all frequently. This car is definetly the best of my collection. I cannot compare my vintage cars to it, even though they are cool in thier own right, the older cars cannot compare in speed, looks and handling to the new cars. I will be sending a pic of my vintage Associated RC 10L soon.

Oldjoes
  13. alisar70

alisar70 Member

hey sweeeeeet ride man

HOPEFULL IN THE FUTURE IM GONNA POST 2 PICS OF MY CAR
  14. pimp

pimp Active Member

how many rc's do u have and all elec or some nitro also
  15. oldjoes

oldjoes New Member

I only have 1/10th scale electric cars, here is the list:

Modern:
    Smartech mega 4wd touring car
    Nikko Viper 2wd touring car(sprint motor)
    Traxxas Bandit Buggy

Vintage:
    Tamiya Frog Buggies (5 of them)
    Tamiya Blackfoot Monster truck
    Playtron Lynx 4wd Buggy
    Bandai Madwolf Buggy
    Associated RC10L Pancar
  16. rustler

rustler Member

Hi could anybody explain to me how to get my pictures on i cant seem to get them
  17. pimp

pimp Active Member

u have alot of rc's but it sounds like u r more of a collector more that a driver with the old rare ones u have but they r all cool and nice though
  18. oldjoes

oldjoes New Member

I love to drive the cars when time allows. I just discovered a nice indoor offroad track, but its an hours drive away, i hope to get there soon. There is an indoor track also about an hour away, but they are closing for the summer for renovations. I have alot of the older cars becuase I got good deals for them on ebay. The frogs are alot of fun becuase there are so many aftermarket hop-up parts availible that you can constantly be changing them around. There is only two cars I will never run, one is the Playtron Lynx becuase the car is very rare and to find parts for it would be impossible. The other is one of the frogs, which was in such nice conditon that I made it a shelf queen, hey, I have four others.
  19. monsterrcbuilder04

what hop-ups do you have on the bandit? nice collection!
  20. oldjoes

oldjoes New Member

I only have the Bandit a little while, and have only used it once so far. I came with the original box and paperwork, and was only driven once or twice and was in mint condition when I got it. The hop ups it had were full ball bearings and rear steel bullet-proof universals. It also came with a Novak Duster II speed control which was brand new. I paid $59 plus $10 shipping for the car on Ebay but I sold the Speed control for $40, so the car only cost me $29. Then I added a Novak Super Rooster no Limit ESC, A Novak XXX FM reciever and I yanked the Stinger 20 Turn motor and put in an Orion 11 Turn motor. I have not yet run it with this motor but I cant wait to get it to the track. I have been told that the Bandit can Never Compete with the Associated B4's and the Losi XXX's, but I am going to give it a shot. I am also currently waiting for a set of street slicks for it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.