Lets have some idea's

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
One of the most frustrating aspects of modeling steam era is that almost all the photos are of the head end. it is almost impossible to find out exactly what caboose followed a particular steam locomotive. Maybe some "end of train" shots?
Pete

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
How about a contest like we just had, one with different categories.
One for Tunnels and Bridges
One for Locos(Steam or Diesel)
Ect..ect.....
(Sorry if someone already mentioned it...I'm coming of a 3 day straight(12 hr shift) work...Tired.....brain shutting off)

Woodie

I like the prototype v/s model idea. Two pics entered. The model and pic must be your own, however, the prototype pic can come from anywhere (with appropriate acknowledgements of course).

This theme could be used a number of times.

1: Locos
2: freight cars
3: passenger cars
4: Guard's vans (cabbeese)
5: strcutures
6: bridges
etc etc etc. or include all of these ion one.

Of course, the overall scene is what matters with each of these. It would be easy enough to just take a closeup pic of your loco or whatever, and then use a closeup of a prototype, but the emphasis should be on the TOTAL envirnonment.

Peirce

After reading through the ideas so far, all excellent, here are some if the ideas I have formulated.

1. A picture of anything. A locomotive must be included, but it can not be the central subject.

2. People who make the railroads run.

3. Items of infrastructure, which are small enough to fit into a 40-foot boxcar without being dismantled.

4. What do, or did, the look like on the inside?

In all cases, creative presentation is a must. Normal "darkroom" manipulation is OK, such as cropping, or adjusting brightness or contrast.

For Future Consideration

This idea is too late for the poll, but what about a theme simply titled "Loads." Interpretation of the theme would be up to the individual modeler/photographer. For, example, one might choose to show a consist of TOFC's, while another might photograph several little people moving boxes at an LCL's loading dock.

Just another thought....

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Gang, some more nice idea's to play around with. I see that the both of the POLL's are coming along very well.

Shamus

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Another Suggestion for Contest

I know I'm late (I had three nights at work to think about it) How about a "History of Railroading" photo contest? It could be broken down into three parts:
1: Golden Age of Steam...any year from the beganning of railroading to the late 40's
2:Transition era.....late 1940 to the early '60s
3:Modern era....1960 to today.
Disregard my last suggestion, I had just gotton home from work and was tired.