Let's have some fun in June's contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Ok, here's mine. Is this what they mean by "bridge bent"?

The bend is not the funny part, it's the answer to the situation. Unless you are walking, or happen to be looking from the far lanes, you probably wouldn't even notice it.

Notice, if you look real close at the lettering, it is not painted on. It looks as though someone went to the trouble of buying stick-on letters.

Attachments

• bent_bridge.jpg
    bent_bridge.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 54

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Funny pic zedob but the real interesting part is that first photo looks like a model to me! Maybe its the shiny Volkswagon or the little Thai restaurant that could be so easily constructed of DPM components! For a second I was going to write about the great modeling you did! :)
Ralph

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
That caught my eye too. Just goes to show that not everything should be weathered to death. I'm sure it won't look that way for long. The tracks above are still in use, well, in the center span. The rails closest to the resturant have been yanked.

a neat detail for contemporary modelers is the chain link fence and barbed wire on top of the resturant (might be mounted to the retaining wall) to keep the bad guys out.

Also, check out the odd lenth of girder in the center span. The farthest span is seperate from the two closer tracks span.

Since my layout is rather thin, this little scene (first pic) would be easy enough to squeeze in between the facia and the retainig wall. I have a DPM building that would be perfect.

Attachments

• above thai rest.jpg
    above thai rest.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 61

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
:cool:

"Luke, how many times do i have to tell you that your lightsaber belongs in a museum!"

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.