Let The Games Begin!

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Cannonball, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Can't wait to see what you come up with!
  2. Cannonball

My daughter is adding her own touches. :D

Attached Files:

3. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

Looks like you've got a nice start. Is that one of those Tiny Dreams houses sold at drugstores and the like? I always thought those looked about right for a train layout, though not very masculine. :) But a good way for your daughter to share in the fun, definitely. And the price sure is right.
  4. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

do you have any army cars for "O" scale? if you do, myabe it's time for some target practise MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAGAHAH:D train97
  5. Cannonball

Actually, it's a Fisher Price dollhouse.
    My wife was trying to get her to pick up her toys and asked her, "where does your dollhouse go?"

My daughter looked at her with perfectly innocent eyes and siad, "in the yard" and set it on my layout table. :D
  6. Geno

Geno Member

Trains and girls are actually a popular combination these days (we're modern now- no more gender stereotyping toys!:D ). My dad, wife, and myself pitched in and bought my sister's girls (6 and 7) a Polar express set for Christmas 2005. Not our idea, but from Leilani, her first daughter.

With a suggestion like that my sister commented to me "now you know that kid is definitely related to you...":thumb:

Geno
  7. Cannonball

She loves trains. We got her an HO set for Christmas and she loves running the controls once Daddy sets it all up for her. She's figured out how the reverse works on her transformer and runs them back and forth all afternoon. She likes running Daddy's bigger trains too. Whenever I start digging through my box of stuff, she'll ask me, "you gonna play with trains, Daddy? Can I play too?" We've had lots of fun together since I brought home my old O27 set. :) (Just won a Lionel HO Burlington Northern for her set as well. Can't wait for that one to get here.)
  8. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Girls are hot for trains this year. My oldest wanted the Lionel PF, my youngest wanted the lionel PE. They helped to jump start dads interest in trains again. My ypungest even designed the track layout that we are going to build.
  9. Cannonball

That's really cool. :)
    I'd let my daughter design my layout but she's 3 and it would most likely end up resembling a plate of spaghetti. :D
  10. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

cannonball,

you know lionel made a "girls train" back in the day, i forget what year, but it was only one year, i see them on ebay every now and then, but the go for ALOT! some i seen go for 3 and 400 bucks. they made a "boys " one to.

where did you get them fold up legs on your layout? and how much was they? i may need to get me some......lol

ozz
  11. Cannonball

I've seen those. They were pink. The story is they flopped because the girls wanted more realistic trains the same as the boys.

I got the legs from Northern Tool & Equipment- www.northerntool.com
    $19.95 for the set plus shipping. Someone else on the board did the same thing and pointed me in that direction. I'm sorry but I can't remember who now.
  12. Cannonball

Track is laid out. I'll be able to run two trains- One on the outer loop and one on the inner loop. Nice, long siding spur. Just too bad I ran out of switches and couldn't do my figure 8. :(

Now I've just gotta drill holes for the switch and transformer wires.
    And figure out where I'm going to mount them.

Attached Files:

13. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

why don't you go buy some more then?
  14. Geno

Geno Member

Looks pretty good to me- awesome progess. Sometimes I wish I could just do the same.

I acutally have a box full of 027 track- two circles worth of K-Line 072 curves, about 30 3' straight sections, at least 4 circles worth of 054 curves, a dozen straight pieces, six 042 switches- sealed so I will be forced to use the Atlas 2-rail track and studrail I bought for my layout. I know the 027 would be quick and easy, but sometimes you have to wait for what you want. :rolleyes:

Geno
  15. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

cannonball, looking at that pic, make me want to take my O guage stuff out of the box's and set it back up..lol i packed it away to start a 4' X 16' N scale layout.

planning on a shelf around a couple rooms for the O gauge tho...lol
  16. Cannonball

Because they cost money- which I am running out of.
  17. Cannonball

We talked about doing a shelf thing around the house but it wouldn't have been real pratical. Our windows almost touch our living room ceiling so the trains would have had to run in front of them. Also would have meant buying a lot more track than I already have.
  18. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i have 4 switches that i could part with. i got them with a bunch of other stuff and i dont need them, no need for switches iff all im doing is going around the room,

there used but CHEAP!
  19. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

well i got enough track to do 3 laps around my computer room, in o-27 track, and a nother lap with fast track. its like a 10 X 12 room tho,,,,

the wife wont let me put it in the living room like i wanted,,,,, its 25' X 18' could have some long trains running then......lol
  20. Cannonball

I'm gonna hold off for awhile. I've got enough track and switches to keep me content.
    Now I want to buy some trains!
    My Beep should be getting delivered tomorrow.
    Hopefully I'll have all the switches wired up so I can test it.