Lenshead Type B (CHARCOAL)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
While I was searching through my files of models, I came across the Lenshead Type B (CHARCOAL) model (that I had misplaced, along with a few other files) in a different file. So I decided to go ahead and build it.
I do have all four Lens Head robots. I do plan on building the rest of them eventually.
This model originally can from SF PAPER CRAFT GALLERY the website is:
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/index.html

UNFORTUNATELY, THIS MODEL AND A FEW OTHERS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Here are the photos for your viewing pleasure.
As you can see, I put two sticks in its hands for fighting.

DSCN4880.jpg DSCN4881.jpg DSCN4882.jpg DSCN4883.jpg DSCN4884.jpg

ENJOY!!!

Z

Zathros

Awesome! You have some very desirable models there! Excellent build!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Thank you both for the kind words.
For the most part it was an easy build. The only part that I had problems with, was that some of the parts were mislabeled. So I really had use a little patience and to pay attention to what I was doing and not rush through it.
I enjoyed building it.

I have a few other projects that I have to work on next before I am able to build the other three lens heads.

They were all pretty straight forward, and pretty simple in the application of the parts. just a little tedious at times.

182850_497535395753_646830753_6759451_7807734_n.jpg216021_10150148645830754_646830753_7122833_6674485_n.jpg

182256_497534965753_646830753_6759449_8379507_n.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
You did a GREAT job on the other three. I hope that mine turn out that good.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
From what I see, you shouldn't worry. You'll do an awesome job.
After I complete the 4th one, Im scaling up the first one, to 6' tall. ;)(My son wants it in his playroom) ;)

All I can say is "WOW"!!!

I am looking forward to seeing that build.

What size card are you going to make it out of?

All I can say is "WOW"!!!

I am looking forward to seeing that build.

What size card are you going to make it out of?

Not sure yet. That is pretty much the only thing delaying the build. Im trying to find a suitable non-corrugated cardboard, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Not sure yet. That is pretty much the only thing delaying the build. Im trying to find a suitable non-corrugated cardboard, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Have you tried contacting an architectural college to see if they might be able to point you in the right direction for supplies?
There is also the industrial printing companies that print the large calenders that are made for office desk mats (I think that they are A-1 or A-0 in size) (about 25.5 in. 19.5 in. or 65 cm. X 50 cm.).
The back card stock is about 2.5 to 3 mm thick.

Either way you go, I wish you the best of luck with it.

Have you tried contacting an architectural college to see if they might be able to point you in the right direction for supplies?
There is also the industrial printing companies that print the large calenders that are made for office desk mats (I think that they are A-1 or A-0 in size) (about 25.5 in. 19.5 in. or 65 cm. X 50 cm.).
The back card stock is about 2.5 to 3 mm thick.

Either way you go, I wish you the best of luck with it.

When built as is, it's exactly 12 inches tall, to scale it up to 6', I need paper that's 51" X 66"

Z

Zathros

While I was searching through my files of models, I came across the Lenshead Type B (CHARCOAL) model (that I had misplaced, along with a few other files) in a different file. So I decided to go ahead and build it.
I do have all four Lens Head robots. I do plan on building the rest of them eventually.
This model originally can from SF PAPER CRAFT GALLERY the website is:
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/index.html

UNFORTUNATELY, THIS MODEL AND A FEW OTHERS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Here are the photos for your viewing pleasure.
As you can see, I put two sticks in its hands for fighting.

View attachment 104804 View attachment 104805 View attachment 104806 View attachment 104807 View attachment 104808

ENJOY!!!

Tell me about it, I thought I had them all, and in fact may. I have around 6 hard drives I have go start sorting through. Get'me while you can! I might not even get to the point where I can build like that against, but my son will, and his children too. Who knows what will be available by then!?! :)