Lens Head Robot Type-B (Camouflage)

aleks

Jul 28, 2011
Italy
Lens-heads are on my "future build list" since I've seen them some years ago.
Makino made neat models, some of the best Sci-fi related ones.
I'll watch out for your progress (and some motivation to start building)

Dented Rick

Human
Mar 15, 2011
Killeen, TX
Excellent work so far Rhaven, i remember my build. I still have the Charcoal version to build to complete the set, but im saving that for when Anna is in Korea.

I'll be watching this thread with interest. Keep up the great Job.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.
For the most part, this is a fairly easy and quite enjoyable build.
This is also a good model for detailing. There is quite a bit of printed texture that can easily be detailed (if one desires to do so.)
This reason that I have not yet, is because, the first time I build a model, I like to build it just as it is (to see just how everything goes together and make a map in my head). Depending on how the build goes, I will (more then likely) build another one with the detail that I want in put in.

I fully encourage anyone that this viewing this thread to build their own Lens head Robots.

Z

Zathros

I wrote a post about how awesome these models are and how good you were making this. I must have forgot to hit submit. Now it looks like your halfway done! Very cool!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
IMAG1620.jpg

IMAG1621.jpg

As you can see here, there are (about) 17 very small blades that you have to cut out and glue to the center piece. It is a pain in the A$$.
IMAG1622.jpg

IMAG1623.jpg

IMAG1624.jpg

IMAG1625.jpg

Z

Zathros

Honestly, it's like every model you make is the archetypical build for that model. You are the one to follow!! :)