Lens Head Battle Robot

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Amazyah, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Great News! Especially for the newer folks!:wink:
    The SF Papercraft Gallery is back up with everything available for download again!

There seems to be a second Lens Head available now. 8)
    I don't remember it being there when he shut down last year due to piracy problems.

This version is called Lens Head RB Battle Robot. Here is a peek at him...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is the link to his home page...
    http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Esf-papercraft/

Just click Original, in the list on the left side, to get to the page with the 2 Lens Heads and the GunWalker.

The other 18 models available for download are listed under Gallery, on the home page.
    I'm not exactly positive but there is also a model of a Y-wing starfighter, listed in the Gallery, that I don't seem to remember.
    I could be wrong about that one though.:roll:

Heres a peek at that one also...

[​IMG]

Happy modeling!

Russell
  2. smyfe

smyfe Member

Yippeeeee!!!

Many thanks for the link Russell, I have been trying my old links for days with no joy:cry: Now I will be able to get the Y- wing my son has been nagging for.:-D :-D The AT-AT from this site was my very first card model and got me hooked on card models and this forum.
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

This site has always been one of my favorite, favorites!:twisted:

It really is nice to see it open again!:grin:

Russell
  4. smyfe

smyfe Member

I hope it stays

Russell, this is a brilliant site, and i hope it stays up, because there are idiots who spoil it for us all by selling them. The Star Wars and Star Trek models on this site and others are up for sale on e-bay here in the UK at the moment, the seller even uses the pictures from the sites to help sell them.:mad: :mad:
  5. smyfe

smyfe Member

I hope it stays

Russell, this is a brilliant site, and i hope it stays up, because there are idiots who spoil it for us all by selling them. The Star Wars and Star Trek models on this site and others are up for sale on e-bay here in the UK at the moment, the seller even uses the pictures from the sites to help sell them.:mad: :mad:
    I will not post a link to this idiots sale and have contacted e-bay but they do not want to know. He is selling 120 of other peoples models, I wish there was some way to stop him!!!!
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

7. smyfe

smyfe Member

Thanks Russell, Its nice to know I'm not the only one whose blood pressure goes through the roof at these idiots. I have just e-mailed the seller and am awaiting a reply. At the moment i am giving him the benefit if the doubt, that he doesn't realise what he's doing as he seems to be new to e-bay. We shall see!!:cry:
  8. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I didn't know that site was MIA... Reading through the Star Destroyer thread, people kept referring to him, so I tracked that site down through Google and several dead ends. If I'd have known y'all were looking for him I would have posted it....

And, I just read that whole piracy thread. You guys are like bloodhounds! Good on ya! I personally feel worst for the consumers and small businessmen getting screwed by pirates, having been both...
  9. smyfe

smyfe Member

It's not only the designers that i feel sorry for, its the people who buy from e-bay not realising that all this great stuff is available for free on the net, and sites such as this one offers all the help anyone could ever wish for. Still no reply from the pirate!!!!
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

We knew where to get most of his models through other methods and sites but it is nice to see his main site back open for full business.
    The site wasn't really MIA. It was still there, but with most of the downloads disabled.

We take care of our own!:wink: My passion runs deep for this hobby and everyone who participates in it is like family. We have to watch out for each other.
    Also, I can't stand a thief, especially one who tries to profit from others work!:cry:

With all that said, and with all due respect to such an important subject, I think we should try to keep this thread focused on the Lens Head Robot now and save the piracy part for the other thread.

It was'nt really my intention to have piracy as the subject here, but I guess that's my fault for even mentioning it, so I apologize.:oops:

Russell
  11. smyfe

smyfe Member

My bad as well:oops: Back to the main subject, just down loaded the Y-wing and got myself ready for a few days building it, to get some peace and quiet from the nagging:wink: , that is until my son spots the other fantastic ships on the site.:)
  12. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

My apologies as well for the hijack. The man makes some beautiful models. I desperately wanted his Star Destroyer as a gift for a neighbour who let me borrow his driveway during our big snowstorm. I also grabbed the MF and it's brother.....

The lens head guys look awesome, and well outside my meager abilities...
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

No problem guys, poop occurs.:wink:

Lens Head is definitely my favorite of all his wonderful creations.
    Here's my partial build that I will return to some day and finish...

[​IMG]

After Lens, it's the MF and YT. Some day, I'll manage to get to them as well.:twisted:

Russell
  14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

How so?

all paper models are made up of boxes of various sizes
    and Lens Head is no different
    The sheer number of parts might intimidate you, but the technique is not different than what you have done

Rick
  15. jparenti

jparenti Member

Trust me, MOS95B, I thought the same thing. But it actually went together very easily, and the design itself hides minor mistakes pretty well. (I made a few errors myself, because I was in a hurry, but they didn't show up really.)
    Now I'm taking on the second Lens Head, so the one I have will have a friend. :)
  16. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I hate (because I suck at) tubes and cones... And Lens Head is a heckuva lotta tubes!

Practice, practice, practice, though... Right? ;)
  17. jparenti

jparenti Member

Ah, yes, tubes and cones, bane of my existence. Which is ironic, because I build a lot of rockets -- basically a tube with a cone on top!
    I keep several different diameters of dowel rods around to roll tubes on. I also have a good long set of tweezers. Invariably, I end up screwing up sometimes, but I'm much better at it now that I've done about twenty thousand of them. :)
  18. jparenti

jparenti Member

So has anybody else tried building the new Lens Head yet? I've got all the parts printed out and ready, and I'm going to attempt a build this week. I'll post pics as I go along.
    This model is particularly close to my heart, because I built the original a year or so ago right after my grandfather passed away. When I was probably 12, I scratchbuilt a humanoid robot from cardstock with articulated joints. (A truly childlike effort, but I do still have it!) He thought it was amazing I could build such things, and of cardboard! I knew he'd be impressed with this model, so I'm doing them both for him. :)