Lehigh & New England FA1 Picture

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by jefelectric, Feb 13, 2007.

1. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Someone brought up the subject of what the L&NE FA1 looked like, but I don't remember which thread. Since the Williams site does not have a picture, I sent Marty at Ma & Pa Junction an email and asked if he had a picture. He was kind enought to take one out of the box and take a picture. How about that for service.

[​IMG]

BTW here is a picture of the prototype. It is a different road number, the only pic I could find of 702 was in B&W.

[​IMG]
  2. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Sweet! Williams did a great job on that FA1.

Greg
  3. simmonds

simmonds Member

Man I love Williams trains. They are like Lionel reincarnate. They have that excellent postwar look and playability yet are powered by ultra smooth can motors and digital sounds. The prices are great and the trains that I have handled so for are first rate quality with superb paint and lettering. Now only if they were made in the good ole' US of A. Chris
  4. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

This one isn't bad either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A special run Beep from Jeff Trenholm at Mega-Steam. Shown here pulling two heavy diecast hoppers and a caboose.
  5. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Alright! Beeps! Now we're talking! :D
  6. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

7. Cannonball

So tempting.... But my wife would beat me if I bought another engine now. :(
  8. simmonds

simmonds Member

Lets see. Hmmmm. Dinner and a movie with the wife tonight or order that Beep!!!!!:rolleyes:
  9. Cannonball

No dinner with the wife tonight.
    I'm a second shifter so I won't be home until 11:30 or so.
    Maybe for my birthday. Besides, I've still got $150 worth of new track to order. ;)
  10. simmonds

simmonds Member

CannonBall - Second shifter here too! What track system are you getting and will you still have the same layout configuration you are using now?
  11. Cannonball

I'm going to be using all standard O27 sectional tube track. FasTrack is just too expensive.

Gonna be a whole new layout.
    Here's the thread that shows what I'm doing: http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=25859
  12. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Cannonball, I like that layout, but you will be riding the trottle all the time. Perfect layout for cruise contol. :)
  13. NJ Vike

NJ Vike New Member

L&ne

Greetings!

I want to thank you for the photo of the Williams L&NE engine. I just purchased the unit several days ago and received it today. What a gem.

Is there any company that makes the L&NE Caboose?

Thanks

Ken
  14. Cannonball

It will be interesting to see how my engines all react differently to the ups and downs.
    I've never done anything with any sort of an incline before so this should be fun.
    Or a complete disaster. ;) :D
  15. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Ken, The only one that I have found is by Weaver. It is really close to the ones that L&NE used as I have a book with a picture of their steel caboose and it looks just like the Weaver model. Here is a link. BTW Weaver also has an RS3 lettered for the L&NE. I am going to order a caboose from a LHS for myself.

http://www.weavermodels.com/s0734&35.html

Have you run the new engine yet?
  16. NJ Vike

NJ Vike New Member

Jeff,

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I haven't put the engine to the test yet. All of my equipment was put away after the holidays although, I'm getting the itch to take them out again. We also have a train show coming up and maybe now is a good time to try it with the other engines I have.

Thanks for the link for the caboose. I did see one, now that I recall, at a train show in Allentown, PA last week. I should have purchased it then but I really wanted the L&NE engine.

I'm going to the site now.

Thanks again for your assistance.:wave: