Legion - Mass Effect

daishi

Legion is finally finished! Took a lot more time than I thought, but between less free time, the lack of really interesting audiobooks, and some really good new PC game releases I just wasn't making that fast progress on the build as i usually do. :)

The LED's look awesome in life but my cheap camera simply can't show it so use your imagination :p.

Added DL link to my site, some pictures to my gallery, and the usual Adv picture on DeviantArt, so check out if you like :)

Here are some pics.
legion6.jpg

legion4.jpg

legion7.jpg

So that's it for Mass Effect for a while. My enthusiasm for the series really took a hit from the color coded ending of ME3. (Extended cut made it a bit better, but for me the damage is done) I think I'll make an ME3 Tali someday, maybe with a detachable mask, I don't know. but right now i just work up the inspiration.

As for my next project I'm thinking about something organic... like ... ahem ...mavbe a Tyranid Swarmlord ... from DoW2 Retribution.

Z

Zathros

jawdrop Man that is incredible. I love the see of fiber optics. They should be used more often. Incredible.!!:inw:

daishi

jawdrop Man that is incredible. I love the see of fiber optics. They should be used more often. Incredible.!!:inw:

Thx!
Actually only the 3 small light on the sides of the head are fiber optics, the "eye" and the pipes are done with simple LEDs (ok there was nothing simple with the pipes)
there is a single White LED in every tube that is lit up.
The tubes themselves are double layered the outer one is 190gsm paper with the template printed on it and the glowing parts cut out. The inner layer is 70gsm red paper. So basically the LED can shine trough the places the outer layer has holes but its got blocked otherwise.

Z

Zathros

LED's and Fiber optics go hand in hand. The combination can make incredible lighting. The dashboard Pod on my 1973 Mercedes Benz 450SL is lit up by a single fibber optic strand. So the longevity is also a great thing. I imagine with careful planning a model could be done with all fiber optics and a single light source. Only problem is that there is a 20 decibel loss of light on an fiber optic splice.

Incredible model though, really incredible! :)