Leaps and Bounds Pt. 2

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Just noticed that The Gauge's membership hit 600. Congratulations to The Gauge!!!

This triggered a little number-crunching on my part (OK, I'm bored out of my mind!), and here's what I found:

1. Since the start of June (less than 3 months ago), the member ship has increased by 118. That is well over 20% (can I buy stock in The Gauge - it's sure doing better than my portfolio!).

2. The new members are not all lurkers, either - over 60% of them posted something, in fact they have posted a total of 692 messages, which averages out to over 5.8 posts each.

Here's a couple of charts - the first showing the growth in membership since the start of May, and the second showing new members per day:

So billk, what else do you do in your spare time?;) Interesting how the largest spike is during early July. I'm part of the Atlas forum as well, which was closed down from late June until July 15th. When it re-opened, many of those members mentioned that they had discovered and joined The Gauge during that time. Maybe someone else's (temporary) loss can be our gain!

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
billk, is it possible you have to much free time????:D :D :D
NO!!!
That is an impossibility -
  • Nuthin ain't worth nuthin til it's free
  • Time, time, time, is on my side.
  • Time keeps everythinvg from happening all at once.
Ergo, one can never have too much free time.

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
We even beat the all time high for the most people on board at once on 7/17/02. I myself wasn't here I don't think. so be proud.

Time......Time........ so much to say about time.