Le Rhone new download

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Richard, May 22, 2006.

1. Ouwe

Ouwe New Member

Hallo de Ouwe here.
    I am not sure but I think it means unlettered or a person that can not read more or less an A hole
    Hans
  2. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Why, I used copper leaf, of course.:grin:

Thanks, guys! My attempt certainly does not do justice to the original design, which is superb, but it's a bit better than the disc engine that FG provides for this model.

Cheers!
    Jim
  3. Jim Krauzlis

Why, I used copper leaf, of course.:grin:

Thanks, guys! My attempt certainly does not do justice to the original design, which is superb, but it's a bit better than the disc engine that FG provides for this model.

Cheers!
    Jim
  4. Gil

Gil Active Member

A Reply

Jim,

I had a really great reply going but the way I work things the cursor ends up in the upper right hand corner and closes the browser. You'd think I'd get wise by now but to no avail..., just magic incantations every time it happens.

Anyhow, as I was saying Squinty, that's a nifty model of penny! What's that thing that's out of focus on the right there? Looks like its missing its rudder and one, two or three sails there..., Oh my God, it's an airplane! FurCryingOutLoud will miracles never cease..., Squintys finally taken up flieger'in things. Were right proud of you my boy, right proud...,

I know I will suffer for having chewed my cheeky tongue on this but just had to do it...,

-Gil
  5. Gil

Gil Active Member

A Reply

Jim,

I had a really great reply going but the way I work things the cursor ends up in the upper right hand corner and closes the browser. You'd think I'd get wise by now but to no avail..., just magic incantations every time it happens.

Anyhow, as I was saying Squinty, that's a nifty model of penny! What's that thing that's out of focus on the right there? Looks like its missing its rudder and one, two or three sails there..., Oh my God, it's an airplane! FurCryingOutLoud will miracles never cease..., Squintys finally taken up flieger'in things. Were right proud of you my boy, right proud...,

I know I will suffer for having chewed my cheeky tongue on this but just had to do it...,

-Gil
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks, Gil!:grin:

If I'm lucky enough to get a bit of free time sometime this year I hope to be able to post photos of the finished model. I have always loved WWI planes, one of the first I built was the balsa and tissue kits as a kid, and making them from paper has been a real treat...but I've only done a few simple ones so far, and usually very small scale. But this wonderfully designed engine model by Richard really adds a lot to the FG Nieuport model (it would look even better if I did a better job on the engine, actually). I might try to build the Fokker Dr1 from FG as well, again with the detailed engine from Richard. But, of course:grin: I will always have to return to the sea....

Cheers!
    Jim
  7. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks, Gil!:grin:

If I'm lucky enough to get a bit of free time sometime this year I hope to be able to post photos of the finished model. I have always loved WWI planes, one of the first I built was the balsa and tissue kits as a kid, and making them from paper has been a real treat...but I've only done a few simple ones so far, and usually very small scale. But this wonderfully designed engine model by Richard really adds a lot to the FG Nieuport model (it would look even better if I did a better job on the engine, actually). I might try to build the Fokker Dr1 from FG as well, again with the detailed engine from Richard. But, of course:grin: I will always have to return to the sea....

Cheers!
    Jim