Layout takes shape & bridge question

nolatron

Finally got some benchwork built this weekend and yesterday my track arrived. I spent last night building a rough draft of the layout on the bench. Used a couple spare pieced of wood to get an idea on where to elevate the track and such.

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

Tonight I need to sand the bench's top to smooth it a little, got some little splinter pieces and stuff on it, then on to laying track to make the outline for roadbed.

Now for my question, It's been awhile since I've done anything Model RR related so I'm familar with the 'big name brands'. I've been looking around for a double track bridge to span about 1-1.5ft gap in the middle. So far, all I've found are single track bridges. Any recommendations for companies that make various bridge accessories? I've been sifting through internettrains.com, but there's soooo many companies.

Thanks!

Shaun
http://gallery.ortolano.org/railroad

Papa Bear

Hey, Shaun. Kato makes a 9 3/4" double track truss bridge. It's part of the Unitrack line, but can be used with Atlas track.

John

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
That's a good start to your layout Shaun. Will be looking to see more of your progress.

Bill Pontin

Hello Shaun,
Walthers also makes a double track truss bridge p/n 933-3242. Only 10 inches long however. It is in kit form, not too difficult, I left the top braces off so I could have easier access to clean the track. I'll see if I can bring up an old picture I posted back in 2001. (Sorry they won't let me post it again) It is posted under "Good Fishing"