Layout (room) tour...with lots of photos

UP SD40-2

Pitchwife said:
Great tour Doc, but pics 16 through 29 were only little red x's :( :( What I could see was way cool though. :thumb: :thumb:
HIT "REFRESH" on your web browser's tool bar;). :D -Deano

Gary S.

Sorry I didn't get to reply sooner Wayne, but THANK YOU for the photos! Terriffic stuff. I've mentioned it before, but my favorite thing about your layout is the colors. They are so realistic, they absolutely look like a miniature world, it all blends together with no harsh and unrealistic contrasts. Seriously, did you ever study art and colors and such?

Love your staging ideas too, I will do something similar on each end of my point-to-point. Now I need to build or buy a chest of drawers to hold the cars and car cards as the rolling stock is awaiting its next trip to an industry.

I'm sure I can speak for the rest here at The Gauge, please please please post more pics as the oppurtunity arises.

:thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Thanks for the great tour Wayne! You have a terrific space there and are filling it with one beautiful layout! I'm glad you included some photos of unfinished areas. They are just as inspiring as the completed sections because they show how a fine scene is created from the ground up. Very nice! Personally I'm looking forward to more photos of trains over the Speed River bridges.
Ralph

waredbear

:thumb: Awesome room.
:thumb: Wonderful layout.
:thumb: Great pictures.
:cry: A lot of jealous modelers out here....

Reid

doctorwayne

waredbear said:
:cry: A lot of jealous modelers out here....

Reid

Dang!! :curse: I was hoping that, at worst, I'd get some sympathy for the amount I have left to do, and at best, that viewers would find inspiration for their own efforts. :) I do appreciate the compliments, though. :D :D

Wayne

doctorwayne

I'm posting here to bump this thread, as I've successfully re-loaded the images into the new Gallery, then linked them to this thread, as a test. Unfortunately, this does not mean that the Gallery is back in business yet.:cry:
A warning to those on dial-up: while the images here are smaller than they were originally, there are still 30 of 'em. My crummy drawing of the layout room is not included, as I was unable to locate the original.

Wayne

L

lester perry

Very impressive sir. I like the cleanliness, I find that to be an impossible goal.
Les

Relic

Man I dig that groovy tie dyed kinda stripy efect you got happinin' with your backdrop.Nice railroad too.

doctorwayne

Man I dig that groovy tie dyed kinda stripy efect you got happinin' with your backdrop.Nice railroad too.

Thanks, man, I didn't realise it was, like, so intense. I mean, like, wow! Like, in person it's really mellow, ya know. Must be the light...or the mushrooms...man...:?...I dunno...:confused: .
Sorry, flashbacks. ;) I think that with no flash on the camera, the longer exposure times make the colours more intense. In person it's pretty subtle. I bought a gallon of the lighter colour, then had 2 quarts of it tinted to the medium blue, and another quart tinted to the darkest shade. I applied it with rollers, working horizontally and running the different shades together while the paint was still wet. Eventually, I'll get around to adding some clouds.

Wayne

steamhead

With the goings and comings we've had here over the last few days I'd lost track of this thread....:cry: But now that I've re-discovered it, I can only say.....

!!!! TRULY OUTSTANDING...!!!! :thumb:

An excellent tour of one of the finest layouts around...Did somebody say jealous..?? wall1

CAS

doctorwayne,

your work is just so, i can't even come up with the right word for it. Only if i can get my layout even to half of how your model RRing skills are.
I would also be the talk of the town. The layout itself, the scenery, and the photo's, unbelieveable. Just keep them coming. And thanks alot.

Do you know how many feet, is your main line?

I will be going into the gallery to continue checking out your over 900 photo's there.

CAS

fwpoppy

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think there can ever be too many photos from doctorwayne! He brings a sense of realism that makes you pause to consider visiting this railroad on your next vacation trip, only to have to remind yourself that it is his creation.

I have been out of the hobby for nearly 20 years and have recently retired. It is the photos of artist like doctorwayne that has brought me back to the hobby.

Thank you doctorwayne!

John

Go Big1

Wayne, in my short time here on the Gauge, your pictures, how-to's and other various snippets of helpful information have gone a LONG way towards helping me understand just how beautiful this hobby can be.

Your layout is tremendous, and your eye for detail impeccable. Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us. It truly does help a noob like me understand the many facets of model railroading that much better, and I think your work inspires all of us here.

Thanks again for sharing.​

zedob

It's about time! I was wondering if you had a "rest of the layout".:confused:

Just kidding of course. I'm glad you've given us this opportunity. I've always wanted to see the rest. Absolutely beautiful layout!:thumb:

Makes me want to get working on my "mess".

kitwrecker

Absolutely incredible piece of work Wayne. I am truly impressed. Inspirational to say the least. :-D

Ehm.. with that amount of detail and work put down I wonder if you have a life outside modeling.. :mrgreen: