layout progress

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
After plastering up the hills I gave a wash of burnt umber ana painted the rocks with woodland scenic paints.You can see how on some of the hills I tried my hand at using the ground goop and the other I left it plain painted.

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Here's how it looks with a base of dirt the ground foam added. In the spring when the snow goes away I'll gather up some leaves and bake them and shake em for messy ground cover and add a bunch of other stuff as well.

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
And here's the new hill with a wash of burnt umber and now I have a better idea of where Popa Wheelies, Harley and Son's and the Barrel factory will go.The road will come in from the right up a grade and leave to the left down the hill.

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Here's another update I got a pretty good start on some trees. I used mostly super trees, spraying first with cheap hairspray and covering in fine green.
I gave the road a one last coat of dirt, paint first then shake of fine dirt, you can see where the roads are still showing wet.
I also added in a scratch built my son made last year. I've been pressuring him for a few more little shacks.
I have a long way to go in this section but at least I got a start soon I'll be able to go out and gather up some leaves to blend up for more ground fall along with some old dried up sticks. I think I may also redo the portals in timber, I seen a few shots in Paul Scoles dvd where he built his portals out quite a ways and liked it.
Comments and suggestions are much welcomed.

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
I've been thinking of bringing the turntable back into the picture
As you can see I also have a choice between 2 sizes of engine houses although I think the larger one will be too cramped. I'm thinking of building up the TT with boards and building outward. This Atlas turntable is 70 HO which means only my smaller steam engines will fit. You can see on the right side next to the incline where the fsm sawmill will still fit in and I think I can get a scratch built coaling tower in as well Any suggestions or ideas?

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Thanks guys I think I'm going to forget about the idea of the Tt it was brought to my attention agaaaaaaaaaaaaain that I have a reverse loop on the main bench as well as below level on the staging yard and operation wise its not practical. I will be moving a couple of my structures around though like the Stuffey's brewery , more than likely it'll be going over in place of the TT along with engine house coal tower and sawmill.:wave: Meanwhile I'm going to mix up a fresh batch of ground goop and scenic in around the chemical factory and Duffey's Coal oh ya and I guess I better get the rail to the Chemical Factory in place .

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
I got a few new ideas for placing structures in the area stuffy's was located.

I think Stuffey's is quite comfortable in its new location I will be laying down the track for it and then comes some ground goop.

Seafood emporium looks quite comfortable in this area over looking the river.

I did a bit of scenery work on the chemical factory , finally got the track installed and ballasted and got a good start on the dirt road all the way behind Duffy's Coal. I have to make somemore trees up and add more ground fall junk.

I think I also got the Engine house figured out with a simple dual track leading to it.

fsm1000

Jun 4, 2006
Coquitlam BC
fsm1000.googlepages.com
Well Lynn I appologize for not popping over sooner. what with redoing my website completely, my computer crashing and getting a new one AND most importantly [of course] building my new bridge [go have a look] :D.
Well anyhow, I have just looked at your progress and i must say you are doing splendidly. Lots of progress there.
I really like this pic here
ImageShack - Hosting :: img1353jy7.jpg
also
ImageShack - Hosting :: img1354ae3.jpg
They didn't have names.

Anyhow, they look really good. The whole thing looks like you have done some serious time into it. I hope it is going well for you and that you are still having fun at it. :)
I hope also you have been well.

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Thanks Stephen I have been well. The area around the Chemical Factory is basicly the area I've been working on lately building up a tree line around the back of the mountain so it actually looks a bit different now. I start a new shift on Monday 8am - 4:00 M-F I've been on a 11am - 730 pm shift for quite a while so my hobby times been limited. I try to make at least 10 trees in the morning and get them planted after work. I'll be doing some pics very soon , got a bit of a mess going on right now. :wave: Your bridge turned out real nice I got 2 bridges I have to finish up once I get organized. Took me a while to find the bridge but that was ok cuz I just browsed the whole site , great job.:mrgreen:

fsm1000

Jun 4, 2006
Coquitlam BC
fsm1000.googlepages.com
Um Lynn if you go to the front page and just scroll down I have all my updtaes linked there. Hence the reason for the statement 'scroll down for updates'.
I know you are tired and didn't see it. LOL, No problem :D
I hope you get some hobby time in soon. have fun :)