layout progress

wdsrwg

Jan 29, 2006
Hill Country of Western Wisconsin
Hey old buddy!
You sure have been busy up there. :thumb:
Hope to visit more often now.
Showed up today and posted over at the DCC camp.
Finally hooked it up and of course its not working.
You'll have to tell me where you find the time & talent
to do what you are doing! :rolleyes:

See ya later,

Russell

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Here's a couple more wooden bridges in place obviously I still got some scenery work to to around them but at least there in sign1 .I may do a bit of weathering on them with some bragdon chalks.
I've been plugging away at my Campbells Barrel Factory so of course there's not enough time in the day for working on the rest of the layout, errrrrr that and I have to go out and make a living. :wave:

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Pitchwife said:
You may not have the space NOW :D but you never know what's going to happen down the road. I'm sure that if you ask any veteran modeler, they will have a box of "junk" that they wouldn't part with for anything.
I wish I could go bigger Clark believe me but after taking over my wifes hair styling shop downstairs its not likely shes going to appreciate me branching off into the rec room sign1

The Royal Blue

Dec 5, 2006
Hunter Valley, Australia
wickman said:
I wish I could go bigger Clark believe me but after taking over my wifes hair styling shop downstairs its not likely shes going to appreciate me branching off into the rec room sign1
You could tell her that it would add the romance of a railroad to her shop and that it may help to attract new clientel (train buffs).
who knows maybe it would even attract people just coming to see a hair salon with a railroad passing through it. But of course they would have to make a hair appointment to view it.sign1

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Well actually when we opened out business outside of our home she semi retired from the Haor business which gave up her rights to tat square footage in the home which I spoke up for for the new found hobby:D Since then she has her hair Business in our downtown location and I have since rooted the benchwork legs as deep into the basement floor as humanly possible so that I could never be evicted

dogfeet

Jan 2, 2007
So the real water and the Z scale ideas are both a bust huh? Sorry I took so long to reply... had an unfortunate incident with some pumpkin pie I had over the holidays. Pumpkin pie is over-rated anyway, it takes forever to get your hands on some and then when you do it's just a disappointment anyhow. Well, there is one more idea I've got for you if you're game enough to try it. Make a miniature model of your own house and then work that into your layout. It'd be great. Make it out of wax if you think it'd be easier. You could whittle it out of one of your 1 ton blocks of wax. You'll post some pictures of your finished house when your done wont you queue-killer?

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
The Royal Blue said:
Queue Killer?????
Hummm Queue Killer ,that sounds like a term used in a "Inbound Call Centre" when someone and we won't mention any names sign1 might accidentley of course hit the release button on the phone which in turn might hang up on the poor sole that is calling in thus killing the Queue especially if its done fast enough that one might release say 20-30 customers. An honest mistake of course.balloon6 . Sheeesh and I could really only think of a couple people that may have been aware of such honest mistake :wave: errrrrr hi Dave . Ah and no my house would never fit into the theme .

The Royal Blue

Dec 5, 2006
Hunter Valley, Australia
wickman said:
Hummm Queue Killer ,that sounds like a term used in a "Inbound Call Centre" when someone and we won't mention any names sign1 might accidentley of course hit the release button on the phone which in turn might hang up on the poor sole that is calling in thus killing the Queue especially if its done fast enough that one might release say 20-30 customers. An honest mistake of course.balloon6 . Sheeesh and I could really only think of a couple people that may have been aware of such honest mistake :wave: errrrrr hi Dave . Ah and no my house would never fit into the theme .
I get the Jist bounce7

ferrogil

Jan 20, 2007
desde madrid

Hello, I am Spanish, of madrid and my English is very bad.
I am charmed with the photos and the planes that you have published.
A greeting from Spain

Hay alguien por ahí que hable (escriba) español.
me encanta la tematica norteamericana y necesitaria un poco de ayuda.

fsm1000

Jun 4, 2006
Coquitlam BC
fsm1000.googlepages.com
Hi Lynn, been a while since I looked in on you. I just wanted to say that I think you are doing a great job and that you really should try to post at least once a month to keep us up to date on what you are doing [if you are doing anything I mean :D].
Anyhow, good work, keep it up :)

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
fsm1000 said:
Hi Lynn, been a while since I looked in on you. I just wanted to say that I think you are doing a great job and that you really should try to post at least once a month to keep us up to date on what you are doing [if you are doing anything I mean :D].
Anyhow, good work, keep it up :)
TY for vote of confidence . Unfortunatley when I work on my layout I ussualy work all over it on one subject area like roads or spurs or installing magnets so I don't see the progress , so I don't post and as I had said a while back I need to do some buildings which is what I've been upto and when I get home from work today I'll post an update . I think I've done enough on it to giv a progress post.:wave:

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Ok so I got a start on the Campbells Barrel Factory
I cut all the pieces out of the cardstock first then glued the bracing and stuck it all together I still need more bracing added. And I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with exterior finish yet.
But here's a few pics, sorry I don't have time to do a more in depth post I bin a bit busy. I'll have more progres pics in a bit.

Here's some experimenting I was doing painting the metal siding

Don't worry I actually decided not to go with the blue .

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Ok so as promised here's some more pics
For the metal I went with depot olive and a wash of A\I .
The front and side docks are prety much ready to go , a bit of weathering

As you can see I don't care much for perfectly fit metal siding I like the effect of it kinda falling off and in some places very unkept looking. I still have to attack it with the Bragdon weathering powders.

All the windows and doors painted up ,tonight I'll be installing them , I'm not quite sure if the plastic for glass should be glue from the inside before installing the windows frames or afterwards.

These are the barn doors I glued wood for detail and I'll cut each of the 3 in half and attach them as swinging doors.

These are the roof front braces setting up.

I think for the roof I'm not going to use the metal I think I'll do a tar paper type .
So on the agenda is to first get all the windows and doors in, attach the dosck permanently, attach the warehouse doors and then the dock roofs. Oh yes and weather it up.