layout progress

DanRaitz

May 30, 2002
Maricopa, AZ, USA
Finnaly got the sky background painted and the valance up. The valance is unpainted still haven't decided on the color yet.

Attachments

• layout_backdrop.jpg
    layout_backdrop.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 20
  • layout_backdrop2.jpg
    layout_backdrop2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Layout_valance.jpg
    Layout_valance.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 33

bigdonnie

Oct 4, 2004
Looks good Dan.

By looking at the number of rolling stock boxes you have stored under the layout, you are going to need a much larger layout to accommodate them all. Do you plan to run any locomotives?? :D

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
DanRaitz said:
Finnaly got the sky background painted and the valance up. The valance is unpainted still haven't decided on the color yet.

I suggest using a dark color for your valance and facia. It will help the viewer to be drawn into the layout, especially if the ambient room lighting is kept low. Similar to museum dioramas.

As for input on the benchwork, it looks like you have that pretty well down pat. Nice work. Clean.

Can't wait to see more of the progress

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Good work on the whole thing. Backdrop and valance looks good.:thumb::thumb:

From the looks of things, you've got way too much rolling stock, ya gotta share some of that....:D:D:D:D

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Dan: Looks like good standard benchwork. My only thought: the crosspieces at the top could be a bit smaller -- short enough to run a screw up through them. My cross[pieces are usually in the neighbourhood of 1x1.
On no account think of screwing from the top down; I've taken enough other people's layouts apart to know that it makes things difficult, especially when the scenery covers them up.