layout progress & engine pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSES44DC

youre layout just leaves me breathless all the time. ITs just so enjoyable to look at the pics. Usually im bored with pics..but these are just so surreal. Keep up the great work and thanks for the pic of the Tower55 engine Deano!

doctorwayne

Hey Dean, nice lookin' Dad-blasted hill.:thumb: :thumb: The texture and colouring look great, even without the added benefit of ballast, bushes, and trees. That Challenger looks right at home rolling through the cut, too.

Wayne

Herc Driver

Hey Deano...you just keep on buying those great looking diesels and I'll keep admiring them...and wondering when Tower55 will get into Nscale. (Nice touch adding an extra on-looker with each successive shot...very good photo idea.)

UP SD40-2

Thanks Guys!!!

MilesWestern said:
Herc just made the 300th post of this thread, wow! :eek: This is a great thread, and I must say, those boxcars look good too!
OVER 300 POSTS!!, and OVER 8,200 VIEWS!!!jawdrop bounce7 WOW!!! I AM TRULY...HONORD!!!:D CRIPES, i NEVER thought this thread would get this far;). just want to take a moment to THANK ALL OF YOU!!:thumb:, for keeping this thread going!:thumb::D. REALLY, i want to thank the people that have popped in once or twice, the lurkers for the views, and ESPECIALLY THE REGULARS on this thread, THANKS GUYS!!!:thumb::D. **i know some of you find this hard to believe:rolleyes: but, I AM OBSESSED WITH ENGINES!tooth1 i was hoping if the thread got this high i would have the UP MP15DC or Big Boy i have preordered by now to post on this "celebration" post:D...unfortunately, i haven't received neither on my doorstep yet:(. i wanted to post a couple pics though, so here are my 3 "current" favorites to switch withtooth1. the first pic is an EMD SD24 w/LokSound, the next 2 are an Alco RS27 w/QSI and the last 2 are of a EMD GP30 w/QSI:thumb:. the GP30 at this time, has the BEST all around sound of ALL of my engines, and thats ALOT!!;):D. **Miles, THANK YOU, for the complements:thumb:. THANKS AGAIN GUYS!!:thumb: and hey,...stay on track;) :D -Deano View attachment 28518 View attachment 28519 View attachment 28520 View attachment 28521 View attachment 28522

Attachments

• SD24CLOSEUP.JPG
    SD24CLOSEUP.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 132
  • RS27.JPG
    RS27.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 127
  • RS27 WORK.JPG
    RS27 WORK.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 129
  • GP30.JPG
    GP30.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 131
  • GP30 WORK.JPG
    GP30 WORK.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 128

UP SD40-2

steamhead said:
Hi,

Enjoyed the "roll-by", but you forgot THE CABOOSE!!!!! By NMRA decree, all model trains must run with a caboose!

Gus (LC&P).
Gus, THANKS!!:D hey, i gotta tell ya, i laughed hard when i read what you wrote,sign1 at dads, he has a strict rule, YOU MUST RUN A CABOOSE!:D funny thing, out of my vast collection, i only have two cabooses:eek:ops:. one is a UP(of coarse:thumb:), the other is a GBW;). heres a pic of my UP:D -Deano View attachment 28523

Attachments

• UP caboose.JPG
    UP caboose.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 118

UP SD40-2

Herc Driver said:
I like that power all lined up for that "pass and review"! (Nice weathering on the boxcars btw.)
Herc, nutbar, Miles and Gus, THANK YOU!!:D for the NICE complements on the "roll by" post:thumb::D. **Herc, i have a couple pics of an "old power" line up, NOT great shots, never posted them, hope you might like them;). THANKS GUYS!:D -Deano View attachment 28524 View attachment 28525

Attachments

• old power2.JPG
    old power2.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 120
  • old power.JPG
    old power.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 121

UP SD40-2

doctorwayne said:
Hey Dean, nice lookin' Dad-blasted hill.:thumb: :thumb: The texture and colouring look great, even without the added benefit of ballast, bushes, and trees. That Challenger looks right at home rolling through the cut, too.

Wayne
Wayne, Andrew and Josh, WOW!, THANKS GUYS!, you ALL are to kind:D. **Andrew, i used rock molds, and hand carved the plaster between the molds. after the plaster between the molds set for about 30min, i took a dull exacto knife, and carved the plaster to blend in with the molds. took me about 30min to paint it all, i used stone gray, slate gray, and burnt umber. 22yrs of working with paint and bondo payed off and made quick work of it, guess there is a plus to being an old paint and bodyman;)tooth1. **Wayne, that Challenger "looks" at home there, but i think ALL my UP stuff at dads is glad to see me on Saturdaystooth1. the ONLY UP thing dad has is 1 PFE wood refer:rolleyes:, all my UP stuff there is surrounded by CNW, Milwaukee Road, SOO, WC, Santa Fe and Burlington stuff:eek:. -Deano View attachment 28526

Attachments

• CHALLENGER PASS.JPG
    CHALLENGER PASS.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 119

UP SD40-2

MilesWestern said:
Hey, let's see some of That stuff, namely Your dad's trains! :D This thread HAS variety, let's mix it up a little more, shall we? :)
sign1 OK Miles, at YOUR request, i will post some pics of dads "stuff"(even though its NOT UP:rolleyes:...i WILL take some pics of it Saturdaytooth1.) :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Contest Voting...

this thread is at 8,327 views:thumb:, so i know some of you guys follow this thread;):D. my point is, i would like to remind you guys to VOTE in the photo contest!;):D. **Disclaimer: i am NOT saying to vote for me,(unless you want totooth1) i am just FLAT OUT saying VOTE!:thumb: come on guys, it would stink to have a winner with only 10-20 votes:(. when you all joined this GREAT forum, you gained the right to VOTE, for FREE even:thumb:. head on over to the contest threads, pick out the pics YOU LIKE, and click on them to VOTE! its just that easy!:thumb:...hey, what are you still doing here?, GO VOTE!:thumb: THANKS! :D -Deano

NSES44DC

after a long day of deliberating at court..these pics were a blessing to me. Thanks for always keeping your posts going and bringing us some of the best that you have to offer. Much appreciated!

UP SD40-2

NSES44DC said:
after a long day of deliberating at court..these pics were a blessing to me. Thanks for always keeping your posts going and bringing us some of the best that you have to offer. Much appreciated!
Jeff:wave:, WOW!!, THANKS MAN!:D hey, its the kind people like YOU, that keep this thread going;), so THANK YOU!:thumb::D. i have to apologize, i haven't had the time, or been in the mood to finish my layout:(, and i have been waiting for NEW engines to come out, so i haven't been posting anything new for awhile:eek:ops:. till i finish my layout, and get some new engines, i will probably post stuff i model on dads layout. hope you guys don't mind. Saturday nights i will post what i have done:thumb:. i have also thought about doing a tutorial on the EASY 3 step weathering i do. to tied you over till then, here are some newer pics of a couple engines i have posted only once in this thread. the first pic is an FM Erie built, next two are a DD40X, and the last is the DD40 with a DD35 behind it.:D THANKS Jeff!:D -Deano View attachment 28544 View attachment 28545 View attachment 28546 View attachment 28547

Attachments

• FM ERIE.JPG
    FM ERIE.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DDX40A.JPG
    DDX40A.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 95
  • DDX401.JPG
    DDX401.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 95
  • DDX40 DDX35.JPG
    DDX40 DDX35.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 94

UP SD40-2

Miles:wave:, THANK YOU!, for the links to the 2 GREAT pics!:thumb::D. i REALLY like the one that showed the DD40 being built:thumb:. Miles, YOU BET UP had DD35 A units!!;), though not many, most were B units for added power:D. THANKS!:D -Deano View attachment 28560

Attachments

• DSC03377.JPG
    DSC03377.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 123

UP SD40-2

recently i have seen some REAL NICE black and white photos on here;), some have even done old "post cards":thumb:. i am not one that likes black and white pics much, but i thought i would take a try at ittooth1...after doing my FIRST black and white pics, i realized i need a BETTER photo-shop program:(. oh well:rolleyes:, here is my FIRST(and probably last:rolleyes:) futile attempt at an old UP "postcard", and a black and white pictooth1. till next time, i think I BETTER...stay on tracktooth1 -Deano View attachment 28577 View attachment 28578

Attachments

• 4-6-6-4BW3.JPG
    4-6-6-4BW3.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC02640BW.JPG
    DSC02640BW.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 119

doctorwayne

Your photos look good to me, Dean, but I have to agree that colour usually looks better, especially when shooting diesels in colourful paint schemes. A b&w is sometimes suitable for those "mood" shots, but on a computer monitor, colour seems to show more detail. An exception to that is the old silver or platinum prints done by professionals, back in the days when b&w photography was an artform: some of those prints had so much tonal quality and richness that the pictures were almost 3-D, and the detail shown was unsurpassed.

Wayne

UP SD40-2

wickman said:
Personally I like your color photos although the black and white does that steamer a great justice :thumb:
Wayne and Lynn, THANKS GUYS!, for the kind words on the black and white pics.:D though i wasn't happy with them:eek:ops:, that was real nice of you guys;):D. **Wayne, thanks for the touch of "history/info" on the old black & whites:thumb:. THANKS!:D -Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.