layout progress & engine pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
It seems to me that everyone has mixed opinions about Union Pacific.

I for one am with Dean, Jeff, and Miles on this one. I could really care less about spending $5.00 more for a UP engine. Like Jeff said, I'll pay what I want for it.

UP SD40-2

NSES44DC said:
Doesnt CSX license things too? Heck I buy both the UP & CSX plus CNW, BNSF, NS, CR, SP, Rio Grande and Amtrak. I dont give a damn. I love trains. I love modeling. Ill pay whatever I want because its what i love to do. Plus its better than wasting it on illegal drugs like most 22 yr olds my age do.
Jeff, your darn straight CSX license things too!;) **OK, Josh, Herc, Jeff and Miles, i would like to personally thank ALL of you for your support of my views on the license issue, THANKS GUYS!:thumb::D...announce1 KEEP IN MIND, i am NOT trying to get people to jump on the UP band wagon. for cripes sakes, i want everyone to like or not like who they choose:thumb:. UP is NOT the ONLY road i like, sure it is by far my favorite:D, but NOT the only one i like;). hey, i am from WI, how could i not like CNW or the Milwaukee Road, both those roads had mainlines and stations right here in Beloit!:thumb: i grew up with those roads:D. other roads i like are GBW, PRR, D&RGW, WC, and WSOR, thats just to name a few;). we all have our favs, and darn well should:thumb:. one thing i just don't get is, how can ANYONE that likes trains, have a hate for certain roads:confused:. sure there are roads i wouldn't model, but do i hate them, NO!!! why should i:confused: seems to me ALL railroads have ONE thing in common...TRAINS!;) isn't that what this GREAT hobby of ours is about, TRAINS;). **BOTTOM LINE, if you like UP, fine, if you don't, hey, thats fine too!:thumb: I AM a UP fan, and just stated MY views on the license issue, to ME, five dollars is just a drop in the bucket compared to the final cost of one of MY engines;). ** i think its time to END this chapter of this thread and get back on track!:thumb: THANKS!:D, -Deano

MilesWestern

(Applause erupts from nowhere) Thank you Mr. Dean! :)

....Sooo, where were we? I just got my FIRST EVER Atlas engine in the mail today from Trainworld(.Com) and I'm absolutely amazed, even my LPB's where astounded! :cool: :D

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Hey Dean,. check out these pictures I just found while I was looking for a new Aviator...

Attachments

• UP.jpg
    UP.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 88
  • UP 2.jpg
    UP 2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 86
  • UP 3.jpg
    UP 3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 86

Russ Bellinis

My problem with U.P. is strictly personal. I don't like yellow. A little yellow to contrast with another color is ok, but U.P. has too much yellow on the locomotives for my taste.

MilesWestern

New aviator? :confused: The Lincoln Aviator? I'm :confused: 'fused!

On another note, is that what you're going to use to switch the trackplan I made for you? If so, good Choice!

Dean, so do you have any Atlas Engines?

UP SD40-2

Miles, THANKS MAN!!:thumb::D ** Miles and Josh, NEW ENGINES!!!, OUTSTANDING!!!bounce7 i tell you guys what, I KNOW just how you feel!!:thumb::D to this day, i still get excited about getting a new engine!!:D **Josh, NICE avatar:thumb:, and GREAT PICS!!!:thumb: HEY, did you know the last two picks were taken at a place i go to, to rail-fan! they are from Rochelle ILL.:thumb: a GREAT place to take UP, and BNSF pics!!!:thumb::D. i am so HAPPY for you guys!!:D i hope your new engines run well!:thumb: :D -Deano

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Opps:eek:ops: :eek:ops: my bad Miles, my new Avatar (the picture under your username)

I am going to have big engines like those on the 2 mainlines but smaller ones like the GP 38-2 doing the switching.

Russ, I think there is a little to much yellow in UP to but it's still one of my favorites. What about CN&W?? They are Yellow and Green. Is that more what you like?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW Thanks Dean for telling us were those last 2 pics were taken. I will have to remember that if I ever go there some day.:)

UP SD40-2

Russ Bellinis said:
My problem with U.P. is strictly personal. I don't like yellow. A little yellow to contrast with another color is ok, but U.P. has too much yellow on the locomotives for my taste.
Russ:wave:, hey, thats fine! different strokes, for different folks.:thumb: i cant argue with your taste in color, i too dislike some colors.:D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
UP SD40-2 said:
. one thing i just don't get is, how can ANYONE that likes trains, have a hate for certain roads:confused:. sure there are roads i wouldn't model, but do i hate them, NO!!! why should i:confused: seems to me ALL railroads have ONE thing in common...TRAINS!;) isn't that what this GREAT hobby of ours is about, TRAINS;).

As a Penn Central modeler I've heard and read plenty of genuinely angry remarks about my railroad of choice because it gobbled up beloved roads like the Pennsey, the NYC, and the NH. I can certainly appreciate the affection fans might have for their line of choice but it boggles my mind that some one would actually criticize mine! Ah well, I just try to avoid people that want to spoil the fun and hang out with those who don't! :thumb: By the way, i wasn't happy when the PC turned into Conrail but I do like those blue locos and will admire any work done by modelers here!

MilesWestern

!!! I need to get some CNW stuff, I realized that although they're one of my favortie roads, I only have ONE boxcar (nonoperational) in CNW colors! :eek:ops:

UP SD40-2

Ralph said:
As a Penn Central modeler I've heard and read plenty of genuinely angry remarks about my railroad of choice because it gobbled up beloved roads like the Pennsey, the NYC, and the NH. I can certainly appreciate the affection fans might have for their line of choice but it boggles my mind that some one would actually criticize mine! Ah well, I just try to avoid people that want to spoil the fun and hang out with those who don't! :thumb: By the way, i wasn't happy when the PC turned into Conrail but I do like those blue locos and will admire any work done by modelers here!
AHH yes, Penn Central...another touchy road to model;). Ralph, i TOTALLY understand, sympathize, and AGREE with your comments:thumb:. though i think more hate UP, i have ran across those with a dislike for PC on other forums;). but hey Ralph, were here, and THANK GOD we don't have to deal with that petty crap here!:thumb: I SOLUTE THE GAUGE!!:thumb: :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

MilesWestern said:
Say, how well do those BAch-Spectrum FM's run?
Miles, i have about 4 different Bachmann spectrum's, and of all of them, this one ran like crap!:( i put a Soundtraxx LC sound decoder in it, didn't help it, later i put a LokSound decoder in it, still didn't help it:(. the engine is just a lemon. it was not meant for a decoder, but neither are other engines i have put them in, and they run GREAT!! now i had a problem, i bought the engine undecorated, so as you see it now, was ALL DONE BY ME:D. i put alot of time and money in it, so i bought a Atlas RS3 and put the motor and frame under the Bachmann shell, it worked out quite well as the wheel base of both engines and trucks were the same:thumb:. i put the FM fuel tank on it and did a couple more mods to get the frame to fit, and put a LokSound decoder in it and...TA DA! now it runs GREAT!:thumb: THANKS for asking!:D -Deano

UP SD40-2

TruckLover said:
You even got some CN&W Boxcars to go with those CN&W engines of yours, what don't you have.sign1 sign1 sign1
HA!, Josh, you don't know the half of it!;) most all of my transition period stuff i keep at my dads, all my 40' boxcars, most all of my CNW and MILWAUKEE Road engines, my steamers, and more:thumb:. i just don't have the room here to store all the stuff i have collected through the years:(. keep in mind, i am 41, and have had layouts off and on since i was 9:thumb:, THATS ALOT OF STUFF!!:D i am a single parent, and the school my son goes to is just a half a block from the apartment we are at now, so it is a benefit to live here for now, but by the end of next year he will change schools, so i will be moving to a bigger place then:thumb:. my dad will be glad too, he complains i have so much stuff at his house, theres no room for his train stuff!!tooth1 -Deano

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Glad to hear that you get to move to a bigger place next year. You no what that means right, Time for another bigger and better layout and some more sweet pictures. ALRIGHT!! I cant wait til next year. You got me exited now.

Are you still going to live close to your Dads place??

Status
Not open for further replies.