Layout Progess

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
I welcome any and all opinions and ideas for improvement on my layout. I know there is a lot of scenery tasks to complete...but it's running almost every day and enjoyed by me and the kids (and just maybe that's really all that matters
thumbsup.gif
. The files are attached (assuming I followed the picture posting steps correctly).

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0555.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0555.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Copy of IMG_0556.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0556.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Copy of IMG_0557.JPG
    Copy of IMG_0557.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 105

skipgear

May 15, 2005
That looks great. It's good to see someone use Bachmann EZ track effectively.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Wow!!! It's hard not to be impressed.:thumb::thumb: Really great stuff, every bit as good, or even better than what you find in any of the RR magazines. Great job, keep the pics coming.:wave:

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Herc,

I assume you are one of the only modelers here who voted in the layout poll at 90% completed. :D

What a pretty layout. Nice Job.

N

nachoman

that's EZ track?! well done. I bet you have a hard time keeping the kids away :)

kevin

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Thank you for the kind words, but honestly, I get most of my ideas from looking at the quality work found right here on this site. I only wish MORE pictures were posted here...there's so much to learn from actually seeing the work instead of only reading about it.

Yes, that is EZ track, but there's nothing ez about putting ballast on it. Since the track roadbed is plastic, I found the typical water/glue/drop of dish washer detergent mixture that so many recommended didn't stick too well. Maybe it was the plastic, maybe it was the user. Either way - when I added a few parts carpenters glue, the ballast stayed in place much better and didn't run off the roadbed sides. Also, there is no absorbtion to the roadbed...so any excess runs off right away. It takes a little while to figure out just the right amount of glue to put down that will hold the ballast but not drip off and carry the ballast with it.

Of course...that layout isn't even closed to being considered "finished". So you guys post more pictures of your layouts so a newbie like me can get some more ideas to improve mine.

train1

Jan 19, 2005
ontario
Great Look

Any chance you can provide a full arial view.

Throw in a trackplan for those may be interested :thumb:

tonyevans

Dec 17, 2005
train1 said:
Great Look

Any chance you can provide a full arial view.

Throw in a trackplan for those may be interested
thumbsup.gif

Hi.Its a credit to you .and yes please, its just what I need to see .
.............Tony
smile.gif