Layout plan final for S,B&LV

fvracer85

Here is the "final" version of the new layout, this track plan incorporates the existing Sweet, Bethlehem and Lehigh Valley RR (a 4x10.5'). Comments? :D :D :D

SBLVfinal.jpg

fvracer85

I know.....I've been hit with the duckunder thing plenty of time....but, I'm happy with the plan.....so I'm gonna be bullheaded and forge ahead. I'll probably be installing a hinged section before this is over, but that will work too. The section with the duckunder is only about 24" and I think I can pull off a hinge, or even a section that pops out. Or I'll be back in a year whining about having to duckunder and eating crow too..... :rolleyes: ;) :D Thanks for the comment...! :D

Bob Collins

Certainly agressive, but I like that. Are you using DC or DCC? How many reverse loops? I lost count:D :D

Please post pictures as you progress. You'll get lots of "help" from us Gaugers as you progress, which I haven't done for over a week now. Too many grandkids running around to think about aligning roadbed and the like:eek: :eek:

Bob

fvracer85

No reverse loops! Not one.....:D We are DCC also, I LOVE DCC... I've been out of the hobby for about 15 years up until last Dec. and DCC represents (to me) the technical leap ahead this hobby really needed. Anyway, I digress. This plan was laid out to incorporate my existing layout (take a look at the website....the link is below). What it represents is a continus running 1.5 times around mainline (the LV railroad) with an interchange yard (lower left) that exchanges freight with a point to point short line (the Sweet and Bethlehem RR that includes 2 yards (one at the top and the existing one at the RH side)). Operationally I want continus running for railfaning and a point to point for ops. (all in a smallish space) that's how this concept was born. So, we shall see.....I'm going out to buy lumber this evening, the adventure begins......again....

:D ;)

Martin