Layout Pics

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
I've a couple of requests to see my layout. After seeing Dr. Waynes thread of his layout tour, I'm rather hesitant to post these , but here goes..Sorry for the poor pic quality...El cheapo camera..
This is Ramsey Yard, it's the first view as you come downstairs.
A.jpg

2nd shot is PT Jct.
B.jpg

3rd shot is Halters Hill to the left, S&T Farms, then to the right, the line drops into Scottsburg.
D.jpg

4th shot is Scottsburg.
E.jpg

5th shot is Adams Pass.
H-1.jpg

6th shot is Quicks Cut
G.jpg

7th shot is Arthurville.
C.jpg

8th shot is East end of PT JCt.
I.jpg

and last is Blackstone Pass.
F.jpg

and now you have had the 5 cent tour of my little world. Thanks for looking. Please feel free to post any comments good, bad or indifferent.
Mark

N

nachoman

That is a pretty big layout. I am quite jealous of how much space you have and that most of your layout has scenery! I really like the arthurville photo.

kevin

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
THANKS for the tour Mark!!!:up: :up: :up: VERY NICE!:up: :up: :up: i always wondered how your layout was setup, mystery solved!;) :mrgreen: -Deano

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Mark, thank you for sharing these pics with us. WOW, that’s a really big and very interesting layout. Now I know, how you can post so many interesting pics every week. I especially like Adams Pass and Arthurville. Great job :thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Thanks for posting those! Its always nice to see overall shots of people's layouts! As another owner of an El Ceapo camera I'm happy to see you post photos too! :) Looking good! I'm envious of the space you have for the Scottsburg town scene. That's such a classic look with those rows of brick buildings! I see a great looking double signal mast in the second picture. Is it functional?
Thanks again for responding to the the requests for pics!
Ralph

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Mark....I bet a lot of us were wondering what your layout looked like in it's entirety. A lot of cool and interesting areas.....Great Job!!!!!
Thanks for the tour

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
Impressive layout chessie4155, plenty of rolling stock, good scenery welldetailed.
I like it
You are a brave soul to challenge Doctor Wayne :)
For how long have you been working on your layout ?

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
I think it looks great, thanks for sharing these! I love to see other people layouts. Its cool to see how others develop their little world. :)

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
You've got nothing to worry about, Mark: that's not only a good-size layout, but a very nice one too, and, as mentioned, not too many unsceniced areas, like some layouts I know. ;) I like Scottsburg and Arthurville, and Blackstone Pass, too. I also like the clouds on the backdrop, especially at Scottsburg and Adams Pass.
As Kurt notes, this helps to explain how you can post so many nice photos, and in so many different locations. Thanks for the tour.:thumb: :thumb:

Wayne

jr switch

Oct 11, 2006
northern Indiana
Don't sell yourself short! You have put many, many hours and a lot of thought into your layout and it shows. You did a great job of showing what a busy yard would look like in a small thriving city. I'm impressed. Thanks for the tour--------John R

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Thank You ALL for the kind words.
In no way would I go up against "The Doctor"..
I have been working on this layout for the past 20 years and I hope to finnaly get it finished one of these days. It still has a lot more to go before its done, but aint they all...:-D
I still need to add operational signals, more trees, finish more scenery, more trees, add and wire up sctructure lights ,win the lottery so I can go DCC, and add more trees, some day.
Thanks again everyone.
Mark

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
Thanks for posting those pictures. I always wondered what it looked like not zoomed in. Your layout is bigger than I imagined it. Looks like you have a lot of fun with it. You have a great collection of buildings, nice to see such big towns. Thanks for sharing. 20 years huh? That means I better get started on mine.

Go Big1

Dec 29, 2006
NW Suburbs of Chicago
Great layout Mark. That is 20 years of tremendous work!

I am always jealous of the Gaugers that have ALL THAT SPACE to dedicate to this hobby! Having 3 young kids, most of my basement is dedicated to their pursuits, but I plan to start small in the shop area, and grow from there over time.

Again, great layout.

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
Wow Mark thats going to be a great layout , back drop looks awsome , I like the busy ness of the layout. Keep up the excellent workmanship:wave: