Layout Photo Update #2...

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
It took a few hours to rough in the mountain textures and rock molds - loads of lichen saturated (and wrung out) then thrown into a bag with a load of different textures. All shaken up and then glued to the mountain:

Attachments

• singleportal.jpg
    singleportal.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 196

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
Here's the siding of our HOn3 running with HO an the inside levels:

Attachments

• hon3line.jpg
    hon3line.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 196

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
HOn3 track waiting for ballast, dirt and weeds ... We put down the HOn3 track on True Scale beveled pine. To reduce the height from the ground, we brought our plaster in level to slightly below to the roadbed to eliminate that mainline look ...

Attachments

• hon3 preballast.jpg
    hon3 preballast.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 195

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
Close up of our two portals at different levels ...

Attachments

• doubleportalclose.jpg
    doubleportalclose.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 191

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
A few home brewed trees ... more photos coming after the next few scenery sessions... thanks for looking and please openly critique so we can learn from the experts!

Attachments

• homemadetrees.jpg
    homemadetrees.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 186

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
Thank you! The trees are a long but fun story. My wife pleaded with me to go to this "girly" arts and crafts store called Michael's. I went and loved this place - no, not for all the women running around in there, well okay, that wasn't too bad.

My wife points out the rigid wrap, matte medium, tools, acrylics tubes, little and big empty spay bottles, misters, goo glue, brushes - you name it.

Then she drags me over to the "fake" flower department and shows me these plastic wrapped bundles of dried small flowery thingies. They were priced between 29 cents and 2 bux for a huge bundle. All different kinds were available. Being the crafty girl she is, "honey, just snip those long stems off, take the left over twigs, dip them in some diluted matte medium then into the colored textures. And you'll have some nice backround trees."

That's it.

DOG

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Great mountains and pictures Dog. I learned about Michaels over a year ago...I found some stuff that all I have to do is trim them and they are ready for planting. The rest I can tie several branches together.

CN1

May 6, 2003
I love your trees. tutorial? Maybe? please?....:thumb: :wave: :D :p ;) :thumb: