Layout in front of a window

N

nachoman

I am thinking of a small extension to my 3x6 ft layout. What I need is a small yard, maybe 18"x8ft, primarily for car storage and staging. I actually planned for this when I built the layout and made provisions for where it would attach. My problem is, the room I have designated for the layout is physically large enough, but every way I configure it, the extension would block the window. I would rather not block the window, because I would like to be able to open it for fresh air and natural light. What have you all done in this situation? My current idea is to just put the extension in front of the window with no backdrop. I could still open the window and use it, and being just a yard, it would only be about 8 inches from the bottom of the benchwork to the top of the trains. thoughts?

kevin

Chaparral

Definately put the layout on wheels. Park it a differant way occassionaly so when your visitors enter the room they'll say
" Oh, you've added something," or
"That valley wasn't here before" or
"From this angle the river looks really deep".

N

nachoman

the hinge and wheels ideas may be combined to make something interesting... you may have given me an idea!

kevin