Layout help needed

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by GWRFANN, May 8, 2006.

1. GWRFANN

GWRFANN New Member

Hey folks

I'm trying to plan my layout but I am drawing a total blank on what I want my layout to do. My room size is 11 1/2 x 8. I don't really want trains to just run in circles. I have quite a bit of passenger equipment so I'll need a station. I'm modelling mid fifties. Like I said I'm drawing a total blank on how to design this.

Does anybody have a room of similar size? I am looking for any help that might be of available.

Thanx:thumb:
  2. DavidB-AU

DavidB-AU Member

A while back I drew up the East Bay Belt Line (one of Linn Westcott's original 101 Track Plans) and then modified it to N scale in the same space. It's 15' x 7" and could certainly be compressed to fit. Even if compressed to 11'6" long there is still plenty of space to add stations and industries.

[​IMG]

Cheers
    David
  3. DavidB-AU

DavidB-AU Member

It's (just) possible in 11'6" with some rearrangement but there are a couple of 3% gradients. Still plenty of room for industries and a turntable.

[​IMG]

Cheers
    David
  4. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

For some reason, I've always liked the look of the East Bay Belt Line - but it's a piece of spaghetti with no cohesive route.

Try looking at this thread - a lot of useful questions to see where your interests lie. http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=19575