Layout #2 "It has begun"

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
For years CN used there TT for diesels here in Toronto but then finally tore it down as others wanted to use that valuable real estate. Thank goodness the old CP one has been preserved. I am sure the TT will stand you in good stead Shaun.

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
Work continues on the layout-with-no-name :)

Started laying cork roadbed on the mainline. All I have left is the back stretch and one more turn. The yard is nailed down to the playwood and will be ballasted directly:
IMG_6601.sized.jpg

IMG_6603.sized.jpg

Started the control panel design now that the layout is pretty much set in design. I ordered all my components (toggles, wires, patch panels last night). Gonna stretch the yard portion out more for space for leds & toggles, not have that entry track so steep so stuff isn't stacked on top of each other pratically:
IMG_6611.sized.jpg

To keep things easy removable for service, moving, etc... the control panel toggles will be wired direct to a 24port cat5 patch panel. Tortoise will be wired to a surface mount cat5 keystone jack, with a standard cat 5 cable connecting the two. Makes for easy cable running, and keep everything easily changeable. I think I posted the link above for the how-to-wire with cat5 cable on the tortoise.

should be fun :)

And finally, a shot of the "train/office/computer junk/stuff with no other place to go" room:
IMG_6613.sized.jpg

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
The lone engine on the layout right now is my Kato SD70/43 Union Pacific. The intermodals are from Deluxe Innovation, and the cargo I picked up at the LHS.

Everything else is stuffed on a bookshelf right now, which I should post a pic of. Looks like a really tight and teeny tiny yard. hehe.

I'm hoping to get all the roadbed and track nailed down by the weekend so I can get all my cars and locos back on there. Then to start work on the 2 of 5 building kits I have so far, just need to get some paint & brushes for those.