Latest project

shamus

Registered Member
This is my latest project, not quite finishes yet, needs weathering. It is scratchbuilt from card and stripwood and is my Seafoods building when I get around to altering Badger Creek again.
fish2.jpg

billk

Shamus - Let me be (one of) the first to compliment you on a great model. (And to ask what is a "samon"?)
Bill K

Woodie

fish supplies

That looks just kewl! Did you work from a plan/prototype? or just make it up as you went?

Looks fab Shamus.

jimnrose

Shamus,
Unbelievable as always. I can't believe you still need to weather the structure. If you can please share the photo
after the creation is complete. Thanks, Jim

roryglasgow

Yeah, I agree, it looks finished just like it is! I'd be THOROUGHLY happy with myself if I could make something that nice! :) I can't wait to see it when it's "finished." Great job!

-Rory

shamus

Registered Member
Thanks all

Woodie it was scratchbuilt from a photo I have of one like it.

Bill K "TYPO ERROR now resolved" -- thanks.

BDC

Shamus - proposition for you

Hey Shamus, I need you to do me a favor...

I need several structures just like that for my layout. Can you come over to Oklahoma, USA and build them for me? I model in N scale and I'll probably need you to build the rest of the layout for me as well. 100' by 50' should do nicely. I have a couple of 2x4's out back and a old handsaw around here somewhere. You can sleep on the pull-out bed inside the couch and I even have an old toothbrush for you to use. Tomorrow would be great, but I could get by with you being here next week. I have a couple large bags of potato chips for meals and any change you find in the couch is yours. Also, you can have all the beer you can drink, provided you don't drink more than one beer per day. This is truly an offer you can't refuse!

Whad'ya think?:p

billk

Weathering Hanks Sea Foods

Shamus -
Just had a brain storm. When you weather your creation, use a wash of India ink and fish oil. Hanks will reek with realism! (And will get better with time.)

This opens up a whole realm of possibilities, doesn't it? I'm imagining pine scented forests, cattle cars that smell like #%#&.

Any other ideas?
Bill K

IMRL393

A former BNSF property near Galesburg, IL is now an EPA superfund site - they treated railroad ties with creosole there - lots of toxic chemicals went into the ground !!!!

:eek:

I think if Shamus follows all these "suggestions" for his layout, he will have an "Environmental disaster", too !!!!!!

;)

- George