Latest Layout Pics

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Looks to me that it was worth the pain!, nice grade crossing! Hope your "sitting comfortably" now that it is done.:D :D
Pete

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
A great job on those grade crossings Michael. What material do you make your roadways out of? For fake water in the tanks, what I do is put a disk of cardboard into the tank about where the water line should be. I then paint the disk with two or three coats of high gloss black enamel. Next I do a very light dry brush of white around the edge to create a look of foam.
In the vacant space, you could create a container storage area. Stacked up containers with the different colours and logos could be interesting.

msh

Thanks Robin... that's one good idea for the open space an for the water towers.

I used one of my wife's travel posters, which is made out of thin cardboard. Chopped it up into the shapes I needed, flattened them out a bit more, spliced them together with Smooth It (spackle after that dried up) and then painted them with Ceramcoat's Charcoal Acrylic after sanding. Grades were filled with Smooth It until it dried up and then Spackle - painted with the same stuff.

Lines will come next, followed by weathering of some kind with chalks and I suppose Dull Coat to seal it.

spitfire

Wow Michael! What an excellent piece of modelling! Those grade crossings are fantastic and the overall industrial look is spot on!

Some suggestions for the empty space might be: water tower, electrical substation, employee parking lot, scrap yard, or big hydro tower. Of course you could also stick another building in there too, but I get the feeling you'd like to do something different.

Looking good!

cheers
:D Val

marty w.

Looking good Micheal!
The grade crossings are excellent!

Like Val said, I would add a junk yard or scrap yard in that space.

Marty