Latest 0n30 report

shamus

Registered Member
Here's some shots of the 2 scratchbuilt bridges, along with some wayside structures.
Shamus
2b.jpg

belg

Shamus I was wondering if you had in the past posted a how to to create the bark look on the logs? I use my saw and scrape but don't like this to much in nscale.

Ray Marinaccio

Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished scene.
Have you done a thread or can you give a link to how the mountains are made. I presume it's some type of hard-shell.
Looks great.

shamus

Registered Member
Hi, and thanks.

Have you done a thread or can you give a link to how the mountains are made. I presume it's some type of hard-shell.

For all my scenery mountains I use interlaced card covered with brown parcel tape, thats what you are seing now. Later I shal go over the lot with undercoat plaster to create the rock effect.

Shamus I was wondering if you had in the past posted a how to to create the bark look on the logs? I use my saw and scrape but don't like this to much in nscale.
To create the bark effect, I simply use a heavy rasp to make the bark effect.
Shamus

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Paul,
Looks to me like you're having fun with O scale. Eagerly await the updates of your work.
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Originally posted by sumpter250
Paul,
Looks to me like you're having fun with O scale. Eagerly await the updates of your work.
Pete

Hi Pete, well I went and did it, I took the shay cab off.(What a job and a half) anyway, I scratchbuilt the new early box Class "A" shay body for it.

Shamus

Attachments

• eshay.jpg
    eshay.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 59

RailRon

Paul, that A-class Shay looks fantastic!

So does the rest of your growing layout. I'm glad you are back at modeling at full strength. :)

Ron