Last Exile: anyone have a 3ds or links to resouced to this series?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by pupumonkey, Apr 26, 2009.

1. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

My wife and I have recently been watching an anime series called Last Exile. It features big airships and other nice steampunk concepts. Does anyone have any leads for me to start tracking down some resources to set up some models?

Looking for anything really: 3DS files, raw models, papercraft. Anything really.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. SJPONeill

SJPONeill Guest

From memory, the DVD collector's pack came with a paper model of a "vanship" - have seen some turn up on eBay...
  3. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

Yeah I have seen the vanship papercraft. I was hoping to get the resources to make my own kits like I have been doing with the eve online ships.
  4. Mifune73

Mifune73 Member

5. maximiliano

maximiliano Member

how do you export x-plane models???I have found some nice plane and sci-fi models for that game but I can´t open them in any 3d software....do I need the game in order to export 3d files???
  6. Mifune73

Mifune73 Member

Probably need the game to import and export. Never played it myself, but I think it's only $39.99. I'll see if I can hunt down an X-Plane forum on fuselage modeling and send you the link.
  7. maximiliano

maximiliano Member

thanks mifune....I´ll keep my eye on this....I´m very interested
  8. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

I also loved this series. I haven't found any 3D models, but I've been collecting images and screenies of the big battleships. If you want these images, let me know. I plan on making paper models (new 3d meshes) of the Anatoray battleship, the Silvana, and maybe when I get good, a curvey Disith battleship.

Attached Files:

9. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

Let me know when you get a 3d mesh happening. I would love to papercraft one of those.
  10. theo

theo Member

Count me in also!
    I have done some digging around on the net, you can find alot of images some are better then others.
    And if you dig deep you find 2 vanship models.

My self was thinking of the Silvana but I haven't finished the BSG-63 yet.
    So I'm looking forward for yours Hot4darmat
  11. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

I love the look of these ships, and have made a start on the Anatoray ship, but please don't hold your breath.

I work slowly and have a long list of projects currently in the works, so it may be awhile. If you want to tackle the Silvana, go for it. It would happen sooner if this work was shared. Even sooner if someone volunteered to texture my meshes. I can make the mesh but I have yet to master texture work (still working on this, but...looking at Jan's work often makes me want to toss in the towel. I just don't have the time to master it)
  12. theo

theo Member

:v8: Silverna, not Silvana.

I'll think I put the BSG-63 on the shelf and try Google SketchUp for the Guild Fighter.
    If that works out the Silverna should be next.:twisted: