Large scale Imperial Warships

Tirick

The secret technique is eyelash/eyebrow tweezers.

No kidding. I've assembled 2mm goggles (1 mm wide) on my figures using those.

On the scratch built ones I used faceted craft-beads that my daughter donated to the cause. A little big, but perfect shape.

Tirick

F131

F131
It'll probably look a heck of a lot better than that old AMT model. I've built two of those kits, and after I get this one assembled and on my shelf (along with all the other Imperial ships) I'm *never* building one again.

I agree. I built my first ISD model after ESB came out (yep, dated myself) and as a kid was dissapointed. I tried a "kit Bash" approach when I built my second one, 5 years ago. I sanded down a 1/3 of the side trenches (way too thick), scored hull line detail, made styrine parts, added deflector tower supports and ordered the upgraded engine parts. I gave up on trying to light the model with fiber optics. I went through too many drill bits. I'm happy with the finished result.

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 27

Tirick

And you should be! Awesome detailing work.

I've some shots of my 1:10,000 ISD's, with 1:5000 (1:10,000 was too crazy-small) scale groups of TIE fighters to support them.

FighterDetailWithISD.jpg

CloseUpTIE.jpg

CloseUpInt.jpg

CloseUpMix.jpg

Mostly scratchbuilt, although I made rough 3d templates in Blender for the basic styrene shapes. Since these pics I added an Interdictor and a Victory to the fleet.

Tirick

Millenniumfalsehood

Yeah, me! :mrgreen:

I've been busy with Family today, and will be again tomorrow. I love this time of year; getting to see all the family at once is always great, and it's nice to be able to see people who are as much into sci-fi as I am.

The Interdictor is coming along as well. I'm slow to work on it of course, but I'm plugging away and will be releasing it along with the rest of my unfolds pretty soon.

F131

F131
And you should be! Awesome detailing work.

I've some shots of my 1:10,000 ISD's, with 1:5000 (1:10,000 was too crazy-small) scale groups of TIE fighters to support them.

Tirick
I am completely blown away by your display. Incredible.

Millenniumfalsehood

I tried to upload them myself, but the files are all too big. I also tried emailing them to cgutzmer, but the email bounced back for some reason. I'll send the models to whoever wants them via email if you send me your address until I figure out what the problem is.

Cuthbert

If you haven't done so already, try compressing the files using Winrar or Winzip. The file size should be reduced quite a bit.

I'll also send you PM.

Tirick

Awesome, thank you both. Unlocked files mean I can print at my preferred scale (I checked, 1:10,000 is still totally buildable), and remove fold lines.

Many thanks!
Tirick

Teg35

the paper models are awesome, i have been playing lately X-wing alliance and downloaded the upgrades for the games from the xwaupgrade site but the textures on the paper model are superb!!!!!
also the unfolding its great!! it looks nice and easy to assemble:wave7:
thnxs for your great work and for sharing it Milleniumfalsehood:goldcup:
and merry Xmas to all!!

trek22

:thumb: I love all these models. its absolutely great work. My only problem is where I'm going to display them, I've run out of room with everything else I have.

Millenniumfalsehood

I've printed off the first five models and will be building them up so I can take measurements for a base (and of course so I can start my display :wink: ). After that, I'll probably get back to unfolding.

Inv8r_timmy

Is the ImpStar1 the same model that is at Swmodels.ru? Have been looking ffor years for a decent ISD, and have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to DL stuff from that site.

Looking forward to the trap particularly. Pack looks good, but I've already started on one at Gbfans. Would also love to see a movie PKE if you get around to it!

Not sure how I lost access to the DL section, but going to get posted up and I think build the SW specific parts from this to add to a Mauser replica which has been awaiting some GK parts...

After seeing an awesome build of a full-sized battledroid and Yoda, I got to thinking - has anyone seen / built a 1:1 R2-D2? Seems a natural...

What's funny is that the DS2 tunnel actually is almost a papercraft all by itself - look close at the "pipes" in the tunnel, they're actually paper towel tubes :)

...and where did someone reproduce the old Kenner set?! I'd love to see that!

Has this been done? Found a decent version of Indiana Jones' Webley, but would love to do a Raiderss pistol to complement it. Anyone?

Nice model - would be REALLY interesting to see it with an red mini LED for the eyes...

Just need to say - holy poop on a stick, Batman...this is a STUNNING build!!!!! If you're looking for something to change though....the spars that separate the windows in the cockpit are actually raised on the studio model....just sayin' :)

Satka

These are great models, I can't wait to start one!
The only problem being ... which one to start with! :eek:

I assembled several SW plastic model kits in my youth, and they felt great at the time.
But it seems to me that the paper approach is much more open and liberating.
Losing a part is not a big deal here ... and changing the scale is at last possible too !

Thank you so much for your excellent work! ;)

Millenniumfalsehood

You're very welcome! I'm getting back to these soon. In fact, I've got the Modified Corvette unfolded completely and am alpha-testing it. I've got it 90% together. I'm also unfolding the Nebulon-B currently. Both of these will be 1:350 scale, and yes, I know that means the Neb-B will be nearly a meter long, but I want it in that scale. I'm also unfolding the regular CR-90 Corellian Corvette in that scale.

Satka

A one meter Nebulon-B! :eek:

Well then ... I guess I now have to:
- send a plea for forgiveness to the trees
- design an infinite toner mechanism
- get used to the glue fumes invading the room
- convince my wife that it is a must-have designer piece of art
- find 1000+ hours

I'm not sure which is the hardest :p