Large scale Imperial Warships

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
Heh, I'm a baritone myself. :thumb: Our final will sure be fun: we'll be singing Christmas carols at the mall, in the main atrium. After that, our director will be giving us an hour to hang out before we head back home. I do have to work, but there's nothing saying I can't bring my laptop and do some unfolding while I wait in my little office to get called out. :cool:

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
Well, I've already had two semesters of the stuff before this, the final semester. So I have confidence that my score will be good. Not *great* (dammit Jim, I'm a modeler, not a mathematician!), but good enough that I can get into my last class, Engineering Physics II.

Good news, everyone! :mrgreen:

I completed my finals today and will restart the unfold process. I'm going to finish the Imperial I Star Destroyer next, then move on to the Venator (the Victory II can wait; I promised another modeler I would unfold the Venator for him ASAP).

I hope to get several of these ships done by Christmas. I'll be releasing whatever I've got unfolded on December 24, 12:00 PM local time, as my Christmas gift to all of you following this project, and as a way to keep you interested in the rest of the project. :thumb:

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
Cue the Imperial March: The Imperial I class Star Destroyer is complete! :mrgreen:

ImperialIStarDestroyerDevelopment.png

Next up: Venator class Star Destroyer. :cool:

Reactions: Sabbat81

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
Check earlier in the thread: I'm releasing the finished ships on Christmas Eve at midnight.

I'm having a devil of a time with this little part on the end of the tail on the Acclamator. I just cannot wrap my head around how it unfolds, which is a shame because this is a great model of that ship. I'll have to put it aside for now until I can figure it out (I'll probably tinker with it, though).

I'm going to switch gears and do the Immobilizer-418 Interdictor.

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
It'll probably look a heck of a lot better than that old AMT model. I've built two of those kits, and after I get this one assembled and on my shelf (along with all the other Imperial ships) I'm *never* building one again.

Unless I'm just in one of those "polish-a-turd" type moods. :wink:

Man . . . I've been really swamped at work. I'm a photographer at a jet engine repair and refurbishment facility, and everyone is trying to get caught up for the Christmas break. I find that as soon as I sit back down at my desk, another guy has called me out to photograph an engine, then another one. I haven't even touched the Interdictor. But I will get it done eventually. It's a simple model, one I can probably do in an afternoon, so I'll work on it on Friday or Saturday. This way I can get all the wedge-shaped ships done before the 25th, minus the Acclamator. I doubt I'll get that finished before Christmas.

arkon

Aug 22, 2011
texas
hey man, whenever you get some of these posted is fine by me ,dont worry about a deadline, just do em when you can and we shall all enjoy it . really lookin forward to the interdicter.

Tirick

Oct 5, 2009
Ontario, CA
tcfgaming.com
It'll probably look a heck of a lot better than that old AMT model. I've built two of those kits, and after I get this one assembled and on my shelf (along with all the other Imperial ships) I'm *never* building one again.

I scratchbuilt myself a pair of 1:10,000 scale Impstars (as well as an Interdictor and a Victory) a few years ago out of plasticard, and after it was done I realized how horrible the scale/detail was on the Ertl kit. I'd known how bad the Falcon was, but before then I'd always thought the ISD was good... Ugh.

Once you have these up I might try to print a few out to 1:10,000 so I can have some ships to go with those two.

Thanks for sharing these mate,
Tirick

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
At that small a scale, you might be better off with the Pop-Shun Star Destroyer. There are parts on the ISD I've unfolded that are already tiny in 1:2700, such as the scanner globes. But if you've got nimble fingers, then I say go for it! :thumb: