Lancia 1Zm scratchbuilt 1/25

Emanuele

After I finished the Pegaso, I was thinking to start the Andrea Doria Battleship in 1/200. Then I saw a wonderful AB 41 ferroviaria and I decided to start an easy subject..... the Lancia 1Zm armoured car. When I saw the shape I said, it would be easy, no need of 3d program (even if I used Sketchup for the connection turret/rear fenders), but all my project started like that, then they need 9 months to be finished! So this is a "Old way" model. The Lancia 1zm was the first italian armoured car built in series. 37 the first one, 109 the second one. It partecipated to all the Italian wars of the first half of the XX century: WWI, Lybia reconquest, Ethiopia, Spain civil war, WWII. Some of them were captured by the Austrians, some were used by the Germans in the tumultuous after war, others were captured after the Italian surrender and used in Yugoslavia and Italy. Examples were used in China, Russia... and Afghanistain (a wreck has been photographed there). These are some draft draw.

Attachments

• lancia 2v.jpg
    lancia 2v.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 26
  • lanciax_002bis.jpg
    lanciax_002bis.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 23

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It looks like you have a good solid plan and are off to a good start.

Good luck with this project.

Z

Zathros

Oh I really look forward to this. Is there anyway you might consider scanning parts so others could make these incredible models you are making? It's a lot to ask, I know, but your work is very attractive and so compelling! :)

Emanuele

I don't know Zathros.
I'm not a very ordinate person. When I project my model I project them for myself. Most of the time I realize that the piece is wrong, so I modified it and print again together with other pieces that I need in order to save paper. In most of the cases never I would be able to remember wich one is the good piece and which is the wrong. More than that, i don't think I would be able to make instructions. Anyway, I would think about this later.
This is the chassis, with one of my famous, and incredible, errors!!

Attachments

• DSC01629.jpg
    DSC01629.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01630.jpg
    DSC01630.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01631.jpg
    DSC01631.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 10
Z

Zathros

Either way is fine. I love seeing models come together like this. You're off to a great start! :)

Emanuele

Sorry for the long delay,

but I was involved in the final year exam for the middle schools, so I din't have any spare time left. This is the engine of the Lancia, based on the Theta car that used the same engine of the truck.

Attachments

• DSC01671.jpg
    DSC01671.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC01672.jpg
    DSC01672.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC01673.jpg
    DSC01673.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 7

Emanuele

Thank you Zathros,

this is the front radiator finished

Attachments

• DSC01674.jpg
    DSC01674.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC01675.jpg
    DSC01675.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC01676.jpg
    DSC01676.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 10
Z

Zathros

Nice looking grill and radiator. These details really make or break a model, this is great! :)