Lafayette Station

railohio

With apologies to jon-monon, here are some shots of the Lafayette, Indiana downtown station. The station is a former CCC&StL/LE&W station moved from across town when the new rail by-pass was built in 1999. These photos were taken with my Nikon CoolPix 2500 this past weekend when I was passing through Lafayette. I apologize for the photo quality; the forum software will not allow for uploading of larger images.

railohio

Here is the depot building from the overpass. Note the lack of track level platforms.

Attachments

• BusStationLafayeteIN6-27-04Small.jpg
    BusStationLafayeteIN6-27-04Small.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 80

railohio

Across the tracks from the depot is the platform. In the background is the Wabash River.

Attachments

• StationStepsLafayetteIN6-27-04Small.jpg
    StationStepsLafayetteIN6-27-04Small.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 76

railohio

jon-monon said:
No need to appologize, great shots! Too bad we didn't hook up.

Didn't have an idea I was going to be in Lafayette until that morning. I spent Friday night and Saturday around Watseka and Gilman with some friend. Sunday morning we went back to Gilman but the weather turned to crap and we were getting tired of the same old CN garbage so we decided to start heading back home (eastward). We ended up in Kentland and wanted to explore some more of the old Egyptian Line right of way so we followed that south to Handy and then decided to head to Lafayette to see if we could get some mainline action. We sat in Lafayette two hours without any movements and decided to move on. Over by Delphi the scanner came to life and in the next five hours or so we got six trains between Delphi and Logansport. Not a bad end to the day. :cool: