Kursk submarine by Fly model

Off topic but what the heck.

Hey GB, would that TY 45 be the Angraf kit?

I just bought one myself on EBay and got a great deal on it.

Book! Tons of parts, too many to count!

Back to topic. Awesome looking kit! I've never been a fan of models of subs due to lack of detail but this baby is definately on my Christmas list!

Russell

I would dearly love to take a crack at the Kursk, now that my new retirement home in British Columbia has another 300 square feet to display things in , and my ex-Navy CPO nephew is available to assist from a technical capacity.
The Kartonbau thread indicated some issues with the print quality on the anechoic tiles on the hull, and some suggestions that some of the parts ought to be available as laser-cut options.

Krystof at Papermodelstore indicated in Sept that he'd have it available in 6-8 weeks, so here's hoping.

Jim

I would dearly love to take a crack at the Kursk, now that my new retirement home in British Columbia has another 300 square feet to display things in , and my ex-Navy CPO nephew is available to assist from a technical capacity.
The Kartonbau thread indicated some issues with the print quality on the anechoic tiles on the hull, and some suggestions that some of the parts ought to be available as laser-cut options.

Krystof at Papermodelstore indicated in Sept that he'd have it available in 6-8 weeks, so here's hoping.

Jim

Carl:

"C'est la vie," say the old folks. "you know, You never can tell."

Gotta finish my 1:72 MCDV (HMCS Kingston) commission for the "HMCS Discovery " mess in Vancouver first.

And I still got a Surcouf, a Typhoon and an Ohio in my hip pocket.

I have the Kursk on order, though!!

Your work is excellent!!

Jim

airbob

I have ordered this kit from Krys....and also feel that this build is a most daunting task...especially since due to (not) having 3000 extra sq feet for a showroom like Jim:twisted: ...I will have to reduce it...since I'm building my ships now at the 1:400 scale do you feel that this would be possible? I'll have to "chew" on this cigar ' awhile..before lighting it!

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
This would be an incredible achievement at any scale, guys! I am more and more impressed with the degree of detail that card model designers are incorporating into their models these days, truly something I don't think was attempted even a decade or so earlier. Must be the computer software now available, and an immense amount of information more readily available than before.

Bob, I can't wait to see you start one of these, even at 1/400 scale...it would be quite a feat, but we have seen you do similar things before, now haven't we?:grin:

Cheers!
Jim

Gang: We are not going to see a lot of good, let alone GREAT new models like Kursk, etc unless a) we buy them , b) start building them, and c) get others to do a) and b) along with us. This will then encourage the manufacturers.

Promote the hobby!!

Jim

PS: Airbob: Once again, you have embarassed me with riches: it is only actually 225 square feet that I actually have to work with, and not 3000....would that were the case!!
yer bud
JR

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Fishcarver said:
Gang: We are not going to see a lot of good, let alone GREAT new models like Kursk, etc unless a) we buy them , b) start building them, and c) get others to do a) and b) along with us. This will then encourage the manufacturers.

Promote the hobby!!

Jim

How right you are, Jim!

Although I think our growing family in this forum is doing more than it's fair share in this area; notice how many build threads, new kit reviews, new online stores and news of models being put on display have increased over the last few years? It makes me happy to see such growth, and, as you say, we all benefit from the increased popularity our hobby seems to have enjoyed.:)

Cheers!
Jim