Kudos to Rix Products!!

Hoss

Nov 10, 2003
TEXAS
Visit site
I put together my first kit tonight...a Pikestuff "The Shops" by Rix Products. I have to say that it went together very well with very little trimming and what not required on my part. I used a gel super glue instead of cement simply because it sets so much faster.

With some weathering I think this little structure will look great in my yard.

Here's a pic (although I didn't build the one in the picture):

24684263008282.gif

C

Catt

I think they are one of the best things that ever happened to N scale.I had abunch of them when I was in HO too.

Hoss

Nov 10, 2003
TEXAS
Visit site
Okay...finally got a picture taken. Here is my attempt at the car shop shown above.

acg.jpg

This kit was a pleasure to put together and I'll definitely be purchasing more of them for some more buildings I want around the yard and probably in other areas too.

While I had the glue out, today I put a Micro Engineering kit together. It's a modern engine house, but I was not nearly as pleased with the ME kit as I was the Rix kit. All of the openings had to be cut by hand and the roof was not designed very well. You have to file or shave the ridge at an angle or you have a big gap in the ridge. The roof vents were poorly done too. This structure may or may not make it to the layout, but here it is anyway.

acf.jpg