Kitbashed Warhammer 40K Mech

Discussion in 'Gaming & Toys' started by leba837, Jun 4, 2009.

1. leba837

leba837 New Member

Hi Im new to Zealot - Hello!:wave:
    After finding out that alot of my plastic models had been severly damaged during transportation to my new house :curse: I decided to recycle them into a Warhammer 40K Mech.
    Unfortunetly I wasn't aware of Zealot until I had already laid down a base coat of Ultramarine Blue, and also have no before shots.

I would like a little bit of help though?

Should I add anything to the Feet?

Should I add a head to the model or add a body then head?

Best regards,

Leba837

Attached Files:

2. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Do you plan to make it into a Titan? It is too large for a dreadnaught. You have a turret ring available for a heavy weapons platform. Is it an Ork, Chaos or Imperial Walker.
  3. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

and is it paper? no? what's it doing here?
  4. leba837

leba837 New Member

No its kitbashed from lots of old resin kits as the original post says.
    Also as I mentioned Iam new to Zealot, If this thread is in the wrong area please tell me the correct one to enter it into or move it, as I have seen other people showing resin models, thanx.

Its painted Utramarine blue as a base colour as in the Ultramarine's (Space Marines)
  5. silveroxide

We do have some paper purist on this forum but the heading IS gaming and gaming accessories. But if you want to be on the safe side, there is a section called everything else. I have no problem with styrene. Anything done in plastic, can be replicated within reason into paper. Like right now with your pics, your project can be done in paper and cardstock as is now.

The question still stands, is it then going to be an Ultra Marine Titan?
  6. leba837

leba837 New Member

Yes it would be a baby Titan(its about twice as tall as my dreadnought) , I didnt really have a scale for it when I started it.
    It is currently 5" Tall, 4.5" wide at the base of the feet.

But Im not sure wether to add a head now, or to add an upper torso then head - as Ive been looking at my Dreadnought (Ultramarine) Games workshop designed them with just a main body an top of the legs.
  7. silveroxide

Then in this case, you don't need the upper torso but a heavy weapons turret/control room. Probably a melta cannon or some kind of Titan Killer weapons system. A crew of four should suffice.
  8. leba837

leba837 New Member

Cheers for the reply, what do you think about the feet (currently some old Horse drawn wagon wheels lol)
  9. silveroxide

Check on the Dreadnaught or the Star Wars AT walker. Their articulated foot pads should be adequate but you may have to adjust the size to the legs.

You would either have to copy it to styrene or mix media and do a paper on plastic.:wave::wave::wave:
  10. leba837

leba837 New Member

Yes, Cheers - if you have subscribed to this thread ill let you know once its completed and post some pics - im currently tied up designing a new card model (heres a taster but ill leave it for another thread - possibly under model showcase to show off the final results) :thumb:

Attached Files: