kitbashed Ertl/RDA mill

bob_suruncle

Feb 13, 2007
Paris ON
www.parisjunctionhobbies.com
had to post something.... so ..... built this for my home layout originally..... then it somehow ended up on the store layout sign1 oh well.... just have to build another one for home. This was originally an Ertl Delaney Iron works... stone building is pretty much stock except for the big stack and loading dock on one end. Other structure is stretched and tweaked and the walkway is parts from the scrap box. Entire structure was painted black and then dry brushed with the brick and stone colors to give it depth.... ignore the peg board on the side there..... it is a store afterall!:) oh and the fact that I keep forgetting to finish the flat roof....DOH!

Attachments

• layout6.9.jpg
    layout6.9.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 210
  • layout9.9.jpg
    layout9.9.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 205

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
Nice work, Bob!

I have used that structure as a starting point as well...well, the brick section. The stone walls are waiting in the parts bin for a future kitbash. I'll see if I can get some pics posted...they're in the kitbashing_ho_structures yahoo group if you want to join there and check them out. Look under the "Southern Press" folder. (groups.yahoo.com/groups/kitbashing_ho_structures ). The main building is from the kit you've used and the add-on loading dock is from a plasticville freight shed(s), I think. These ERTL/RDA kits make great starting points for kitbashing.

I like the angled loading dock and the weathering you've done. Again, great job.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Bob,

In Squid's pictures, there's a Heinz pickle tanker. Do you have a pickle works to go with it? I have the same car, and am thinking I need an industry to go with it...

Andrew

bob_suruncle

Feb 13, 2007
Paris ON
www.parisjunctionhobbies.com
MasonJar said:
Bob,

In Squid's pictures, there's a Heinz pickle tanker. Do you have a pickle works to go with it? I have the same car, and am thinking I need an industry to go with it...

Andrew
funny you should ask.... I am currently in progress on a DPM and scrapbox kitbash of a pickle factory.... It is completly unprototypical and a flight of fancy but hey I am having fun. The parts are all flea market and scrapbox treasure as I am tired of putting all of my structures on our stores layout:cry:waaaah... I dont have any pictures as yet... and Squid insists that I need some wooden vats in the old pickle yard so I need to find something to use for that... he suggested an atlas water tank or two. I should have something pretty much completed in another week or so. The pickle tanker is actually Squids but oh how I do love my pickles!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Cool :cool:

Can't wait to see the pictures! ;)

I intend to put one on a module some day - the business name will incorporate my sister's initials I think - JB Pickles, or something like that. She is the biggest pickle nut :p I ever met...!

Andrew