Kings Port Steel Co.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I've built some structures to accompany the blast furnaces I posted pics of last year. Here's the Kings Port Steel company, makers of sheet steel and tubular steel products.

Ralph

Attachments

• kps1.jpg
    kps1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 245

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
The rolling mills are made of cardboard and are covered with corrugated craft paper.

Attachments

• kps2.jpg
    kps2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 237

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
The right part of this mill with the angular lines and smoke stack was originally a broken hand-held seed spreader. I was going to throw it out but it looked so ......industrial! :) The roof vents to the left are cola bottle caps.
Ralph

Attachments

• kps3.jpg
    kps3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 231
C

Catt

Hmmm,maybe the GVR needs a steel mill to service.Looks great Ralph.

spitfire

Beautiful work!

Awww Ralph - that is one fine piece of modelling! I love the way you use found objects in your structures. It looks like Kings Port Steel is really expanding -- and I'm glad the company is becoming such a success story! I will be sure to tell the president of Inglis Appliance Mfg, when I next see him that there will be no problem meeting demand.
Order to follow.

cheers
:D Val

It all looks absolutely awsome Ralph!

Thats me, in the blue truck I'm waiting to get the honors of hauling the first load out.

t.

jmarksbery

Looks great Ralph, you did a fine job on it all, I also like the way you use things to complete the model, I do the same thing. Makes you look at everything differently. Keep up the good work friend. Jim :eek:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Ralph,
That industry is large enough, it should have its own, industrial narrow gauge railroad!! (or standard gauge) :D :D
Impressive structure !!
Pete

jon-monon

Looks great Ralph, I'm with Pete, you'll need an industrial critter. May I recommned a 15 ton Mac with those fries? Or an MDT? :D :D :D

So many cool ninches to model get posted here it's hard to focus. Ya just want it all!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Thanks everybody! It was fun to build and will add a lot of interest to the layout. Now I need to add some details and scenery around the mill complex. I also want to finish the river front that appears in front of the mill in the first pic. More pics later!

Oh, Jon and Sumpter...check the "Switcher for Kings Port Steel?" thread. :)
Ralph