Kings Fuel Office (N Gauge)

Here's how my mind works when it comes to architecture (heh heh heh I use the term loosly). OK, it's elementary, but it's mine (chuckling).
I dreamed this one up and built it from 0.5 mm three ply wood. Not the easiest material to cut but it will last like the proverbial brick "big drop".
It's also about 28 yrs old and has seen better days, but maybe a short refurb program will put it to rights. Maybe I could find that fix-it guy "Wee Rob" for the rufurb.
No, I'm not in a hurry to start my N layout, coz you guys would put the skids under me to get it finished. Mind you, now that I've dug out some of these things I'm beginning to regret starting on my HO pike first.
I'm really going to have to find a technique for making fine handrails. Also a crash course on weathering wouldn't go amiss either! Shoot, I need another beer!

Errol

Attachments

• kings-fuel.jpg
    kings-fuel.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 145

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Errol,
The problem with a "finer handrail" in N scale is structural strength. To make them fine enough, and have them last the handling, you'd almost have to do them in brass, anything less would break too easily.

The thought of building in N scale is giving me a headache, I need a drink !
Pete

Vic

Ahhhhh! Errol!! I been a-waiting for you to put one up!!! :D I think its GREAT!!!!....28 Years old!!!????? Naw! You built that yesterday!!!:D :D N-Scale too!!!! Can't wait to see what you do in HO!!!:D :D :D

About those fine handrails.....Detail Associates sells packages of all different sizes of brass wire in 1/100th of an inch increments. Its in the Walthers catalog...but its listed under pipe instead of handrails. Some of it is as fine as a "frog's hair":D

Tyson Rayles

Errol with what you have posted in this forum (your n-scale buildings from yesteryear :D) , why were you even thinking of HO?????? Your n stuff is fantastic whether it was build years ago or today! :cool: