Ki-115 Tsurugi Modelik nr 20/04 1:33

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cgutzmer, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Wily

Wily Member

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

It has not! Thanks much!
    Chris
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

It has not! Thanks much!
    Chris
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well since I have a bit of bandwidth again (for now) I am going to post my progress. I have gotten a bit done....

Here are some pics of the engine going together....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some shots of the completed engine. Note the push rods are cardstock done up with a siver metallic sharpie and are a bit shiny - cant really see that in the pics. Also the rocker arms are cardboard - never gonna use that again - damn stuff falls apart like crazy. I will only laminate my own 110 lb card from here on out.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For a bonus my wife went to bed early so I got to cut a bit more than normal (plus I stayed up later than usual.... shhhhhh dont tell :) )

Here is the completed cockpit. Please note the flash turned my brown edge color red for some stupid reason - it really is brown - honest.... I did all the edge coloring with water color pencils - like them more and more!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next I will be working on the fuselage. Pity after all that work the cockpit and the engine are barely going to be visible but we all know its there right??? :)
    Chris
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well since I have a bit of bandwidth again (for now) I am going to post my progress. I have gotten a bit done....

Here are some pics of the engine going together....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some shots of the completed engine. Note the push rods are cardstock done up with a siver metallic sharpie and are a bit shiny - cant really see that in the pics. Also the rocker arms are cardboard - never gonna use that again - damn stuff falls apart like crazy. I will only laminate my own 110 lb card from here on out.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For a bonus my wife went to bed early so I got to cut a bit more than normal (plus I stayed up later than usual.... shhhhhh dont tell :) )

Here is the completed cockpit. Please note the flash turned my brown edge color red for some stupid reason - it really is brown - honest.... I did all the edge coloring with water color pencils - like them more and more!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next I will be working on the fuselage. Pity after all that work the cockpit and the engine are barely going to be visible but we all know its there right??? :)
    Chris
  6. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

Good stuff, Chris. Love the engine. There are times when I want to just build engines and stick them on maintenance stands. Then I regain my senses.

Cheers --- Larry
  7. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

Good stuff, Chris. Love the engine. There are times when I want to just build engines and stick them on maintenance stands. Then I regain my senses.

Cheers --- Larry
  8. Wily

Wily Member

Thank you for the photos - your model looks like it will be a point of pride for your collection.

<S>

If you haven't already done so, take a few moments and learn more about the real Ki-115. It's a fascinating product of a crumbling, desperate regime.
  9. Wily

Wily Member

Thank you for the photos - your model looks like it will be a point of pride for your collection.

<S>

If you haven't already done so, take a few moments and learn more about the real Ki-115. It's a fascinating product of a crumbling, desperate regime.
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yeah, I relly do need to rad more about it. There is a link in here somehwere for it but havent had time to peruse it properly yet :)

I have two other similar paper models made (free downloads and much simpler) I dont know what exact type they are but they were some of my first attempts at planes :)
    Chris
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yeah, I relly do need to rad more about it. There is a link in here somehwere for it but havent had time to peruse it properly yet :)

I have two other similar paper models made (free downloads and much simpler) I dont know what exact type they are but they were some of my first attempts at planes :)
    Chris
  12. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Perhaps you could build engines under contract for those modelers who don't like to do engines! :grin:

13. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Perhaps you could build engines under contract for those modelers who don't like to do engines! :grin:

14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I wonder what the pay would be for that endevor.... heh heh no way!
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I wonder what the pay would be for that endevor.... heh heh no way!
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well I took the day off and aside from priming and painting some patio furniture, winterizing the laen mower, doing my laundry and the kids laundry I watched some Dr. Who and cut some paper!

I got the center fuselage section completed

The cockpit with inside cover applied and outside cover ready to be laid over pretty good fit but the skin was a touch big - was able to tweak it on though....
    [​IMG]

the inside of the bomb bay before outer skin applied
    [​IMG]

the front of the assembly with wing formers in place to test fit
    [​IMG]

and from the top
    [​IMG]

and from the bottom - note the slightly imperfect fit - I will have to fix that somehow. The outside skin came up a touch short
    [​IMG]
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

That could have been it.... mental note for next time - I didnt glue the entire thing underneath but a good potion of it...
    :( ah well - learning experience!
    Chris
  18. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

You're making good progress, Chris, and it looks great. Wish I could say the same but I've had no time. Having a hard time even keeping up with this forum right now.

Cheers --- Larry
  19. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Looking good! you're forgeing ahead, keep up the momentum this looks great. You're further than my "bored or aggravated stage" in building one particular project. I'm usually tripped up at the engine build or cockpit step, sit back admire the small details then get distracted and never finish. Good going Chris, keep at it!
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Been there Larry and I am sure I will be again sometime :( ah well!

cmdrted - try building a couple in tandem seems to work for some!

Thanks for the words of encouragement - gonna need it when I get to the struts and flaps and aerlions etc etc etc :D
    Chris