Key threads for scenery

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Hello Everyone,

Ok...I've got the track down, ballast added, some trees and mountains, an attempt at water (that now greatly resembles a swamp), some buildings etc...but I really want to add those extra touches to the grassy areas, mountains and land that I've seen many of you do on your layouts.

Where are the links to key threads on how to weather buildings, tracks, roads and such? How to improve on grass and trackside details? In short, is there a good all-in-one thread to view? A key thread that already has great techniques that I can review then try?

BTW, thanks to all of you who post pics of your layouts...there are so many good ideas in each of those photos.

Thanks

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
You might start by browesing through the Academy. Be sure you have your options set such that you can see all that is there. There is a good mix of structures and scenery there.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
You might also look in the "Tips And Tricks" sticky in the Academy to see if there is anything there. I think if you type a subject such as "water" in the search feature of The Gauge, it will bring up threads. If you see a picture of water or some other feature that you particularly like, but there is no indication of how it was done, Shoot off a p.m. to the modeler who posted and they will probably tell you how they did it.