kettenkrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maybaygiay

I think it's very hot to sit down in kettetnkrad:) and do you remember that in the film "saving ryan", kettenkrad was used to entice Tiger:D
DSC01523.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

DSC01525.jpg

DSC01526.jpg

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

untitled.jpg

cjwalas

Wonderful build of what looks like a very nice model. Who makes the kit? Did you have any specific problems with it?
Congratulations on a nice model!
Chris

Z

Zathros

I had seen that last photo before but never noticed the Mercedes Benz star on the horses head. Nice model by the way.

s300vm

Cross The Line
I had seen that last photo before but never noticed the Mercedes Benz star on the horses head. Nice model by the way.

it is not a horse:mrgreen:, it is an ox:mrgreen:. this picture is very well-known in some countries.:mrgreen:

Z

Zathros

It was early and the coffee hadn't kicked in. I guess I made an "ox" of myself, duh huh. They appear to be dry, however.

Nice build. The first time I saw one of these was in the "Secret of Santa Vittorio", Hardy Kruger was driving if I recall correctly.

charliec

I noticed that there is supposed to be a cover over the engine with a couple
of air inlets behind the driver - like this one - http://www.kettenkrad.com/Kettenkrad.gif. - is this a problem with the kit?

I don't think the Kettenkrad would be much hotter to drive around than most other motorbikes - at least you have the advantage the thing can't fall over when it's stopped. I've read somewhere that the Kettenkrads are a true "go anywhere" vehicle - they can climb 45 deg slopes in sand - try that with an SUV.

Regards,

Charlie

Z

Zathros

I remember reading the front wheel was mostly for going over logs and that type of barrier, the tracks were skid steering thru linkages connected to the handle bars.

M

maybaygiay

Mr Charlie! This is the kit of Modelik so it's very perfect. there is a cover over the engine but I didn't build :">

Status
Not open for further replies.