Kelly Marina

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Nice!

Great scene csx!!:cool:
I really like the detail in the bank, & the water looks super!

My only suggestion...if it's not too late, since you've already done the water...would be to add a dock...maybe one of those that float on 55gal. drums...? But it also looks great as is!:cool:

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Yes. I think a dock would be just the thing. You could add one or two boat houses as well. People would store there boat at a marina. Mabie a repair shop for outboard motors with a used boat and motor sales area. There could be a boat ramp for car and trailer access as well. Perhaps a baotway, you know, 2 rails up the bank that a boat is dragged up. There would be a gass pump on the dock too. There could be part of the dock for people who live abord there boats, this would be a small community in itself, with odd crafts and sail boats, even a house boat.

I'm from the west coast and spent many summers around marinas. I hope this gives you some ideas. ;)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
maybe one of those that float on 55gal. drums...?
Charlie, I know where he can find a 55 gallon drum............
CSX, If the marina is on a river, you'd need mostly bass boats, or runabouts, inboard,or outboard. If on a lake, or there's a lake close by, just down the river, you could add some small sailboats.
You would need a dock, and some slips for the boats, and a gas pump, and a place to buy live bait, and a place to get food, or snacks, and beer............and a place to haul out the boats and scrub off the zebra mussles, and a place to pump out the holding tanks, and a launch ramp.......whoa!, 55 gallons! Tyson, this is all your fault....hic,,,,dfuhefbjcejfzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:D :D :D

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Excellent work...Trainclown missed one thing in his list though...two drunken boneheads on jet-skis getting tagged by the Marine Police. Sorry, see that alot here in Foridia, I'll shut up:p

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
What about...

...a couple of folks fishing along the banks and in the water?

There is a place just like this in Oakland, NJ (same colors even) and the NYS&W crossed the Ramapo River a 1/4 mile below. There was the trailer of canoes for rentals. They also sold fishing gear (a "Live Bait" sign).

What about the old tire swing hanging off a tree over the water and the ducks/geese or deer?

One thing seems a "must" is the boat ramp for getting the boats in and out of the water and the dock (especially the one with the bikini babes!!!:eek::D:eek::D:p).

Mark :cool: