KC-135 Stratotanker 1:120 scale has been uploaded!

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by airbob, Jul 23, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I will start downloading the parts :) just in case.... I thought I had already done so but upon visiting today i see there are two sizes to each image and I had downloaded the small sizes.... this is gonna be one big file
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Trying to download and the site is pretty darn slow right now. Might take a while to get them.
    Chris
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Good work bob. Just in time too since the Americans are right now in the progress of retiring the KC135 and putting a contract out for its replacement.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The download package for the 135 will be about 49 mb. The package for the 707 would be about 39 mb and lastly the package for the electra 10 is about 6 mb. If airbob allows I can host otherwise on my drive it will sit until I build it :)
    Chris
  5. edkeffel

edkeffel Member

Please, Bob, make the things easier for us. Put the files in a PDF format.
    Your work is great, but too slow to download.
    I am very interested in Electra!
  6. airbob

airbob Member

KC-135 Boeing 707 questions answered by "creator"

For those who would like to convert this plane to PDF format, and offer it at other websites...by all means please do so...I created the KC-135 and the 707 strictly for the enjoyment of card-modelers world wide....I don't care what format you offer it in or size for that matter...It was a lot of work...labor of love, actually....just give me credit by mentioning my name-is all I ask....I like the term "creator" ...sort of like Q in"Startrek"!!!! Let me see some of the progress on those of you whe tackle the "build" on these planes...ENJOY!!!:rofl:
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

thanks airbob - will do! I have it ready to put up as a zip file that contains the individual files. The zip includes your name in the title. :)
    Thanks!
    Chris
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

9. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Downloading... :)

Ryan
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

you guys killed my bandwidth of 2.5 gb had to pull them til next month.....
  11. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

PDF files

Hi Bob,
    I read that someone has some problem downloading the files from Your Gallery and with the format too, then I converted them into pdf format and I collected them in a unique binder (Bendorf KC-135 1-120 parts.pdf). I collected also the information and the pictures of the finished model in an other pdf file (Bendorf KC-135 1-120 desc.pdf) simply copying the descriptions You put in the gallery. I would like to receive Your approval for the content and for the quality of the files. Incidentally, I inserted in the parts-file the note "print them at the best quality and to fit to page" because I observed in a test that I had to print with the option "fit to paper" (94%) to print the full page on A4 sized sheet. Is it correct? Is It respected the 1:120 scale in this manner? I don't have any graphical scale reference in the pictures to verify. The file are still huge (near 5.3 Mb parts + 0.7 Mb desc) so I don't know if I solved the size problem :roll: , and, If You approve, I don't know where and how to put them available for the card model people. I'm sending them at Your private mail address, if You agree.

Best Nando

PS: I did the same for the Boeing 707-320 (near 1 Mb desc + 7.5 Mb parts):)
  12. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

13. edkeffel

edkeffel Member

I want a copy, too!

it´s a very good idea to put the files in pdf.
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I have all of his files in pdf format already - if someone wants them for HOSTING purposes please pm me and I can give you a direct download location. If someone wants it from me for building reasons I fully expect a build thread or final pics ;) If I had more than 2.5 gb bandwidth per month I would leave them up full time.
  15. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Oh pretty please somebody send the pdf file to sir Jonathan!!!
  16. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Bendorf's pdf files

Jonathan,
    I sent to You the files. They will be available to You for two days. Let me know If You will be able to download them ....:)

Best Nando
  17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I gave him a download link as well :) for all of bob's models. I also ave him one for the boeing clipper. I did have permission from both designers to host the files before (then I found out my bandwidth wasnt sufficent to meet the needs of the people)
  18. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

ok dont' email these files to me.

they overloaded the yahoo email server us.f305.mail.yahoo.com and basically killed my email for the day. my apologies for any other users on that server as well...
  19. airbob

airbob Member

KC-135/Boeing 707 Offerings

Everyone,
    As the old man says in "Moonlightening"...I'm confused:cry:
    I am very generous with the use of the 707 or the KC-135...I don't care which format it is used in and for GOSHSAKES you may offer it from any site ...just give me credit for designing these beasts!!!
    ENJOY!
    Bob Bendorf
  20. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member